- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
The Passes Review
Avatoru and Tiputa passes offer some of the best drift diving in the world. Divers, accompanied by a guide, are dropped off on the ocean side of the atoll into the fast-moving current and are sucked through the pass by the tide. Feeling an amazing adrenaline rush, divers come (literally) face to face with hundreds of fish, along with giant napoleon wrasses, hawksbill turtles, manta and eagle rays, dolphins, and sharks—gray reefs, lemons, hammerheads, and dozens of black-tips. Snorkeling and glass bottom boat trips explore the calmer waters of the Tiputa Pass, and seek out the dolphins that are cavorting in the waves.
- Cost: Snorkeling from 4,000 CFP for two hours; dives 6,450–6,800 CFP; glass-bottom boat trips 3,000 CFP for one hour; dolphin watch cruises and snorkeling in quieter waters from 4,500 CFP for two hours.
- Location: Rangiroa
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more