- Divers' dream Rangiroa's Tiputa Pass and Fakarava's Garuae Pass are teeming with "big fauna" as they say in diving circles. Would the "shark cave" appeal to you?
- Endless lagoons You'll never be short of somewhere to swim in these lagoons that even boast lagoons within lagoons. Rangiroa's Blue Lagoon is an idyllic picnic spot with cute black-tipped sharks keen to eat the leftovers.
- The slow lane No one rushes here and you won't either. Cycle the long flat roads, swim at deserted beaches, and snooze under palm trees. Go ahead, you're on vacation.
- Finding religion You'll discover churches in very remote places—like the abandoned village of Otepipi on Rangiroa and Tetamanu in Fakarava.
- Stylish castaway Escape from the world in private villas and retreats—just a few convivial folk, an oil lamps, and miles of beautiful beaches.
ENTER TO WIN $1,000
Tell us where you want to weekend this summerMore