Pearl Farms in Fakarava
Pearls of Havaiki. Established in 1989, Pearls of Havaiki is the oldest farm in Fakarava. Guests staying at the attached pension—and visitors alike—can dive to inspect the oyster shells with owner Joachim Dariel and play a kind of "pearl" lottery to see what's inside. 93–40–15. www.havaiki.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's