There is no serious crime in the Cook Islands, although tourists are advised to take care of valuables. While the lagoons are alluring, sea urchin and stone fish do lurk beneath—wear reef shoes to protect your feet. Also be sure to wear sunscreen during the day.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe