There are some great bike trails and four self-guided winery cycle tours ranging in length from 21 to 50 km (13 to 31 mi). The Mandurang Valley Wine Trail is the shortest and leads to the Chateau Dore Winery and Lynnevale Estate. You can also cycle along the O'Keefe Rail Trail and the Bendigo Bushland Trail; maps and brochures are available at the visitor center.
Moroni's Bikes. This long-established company hires out bikes and also invites cyclists to join in its twice-weekly social road rides. The rides depart every Tuesday and Thursday morning (8.30 am in summer, 9 am the rest of the year). They range from 40-80km for fitter folk, with shorter routes for those who want to take it easier. 104 Mitchell St., Bendigo, Bendigo, VIC, 3500. 03/5443-9644. www.moronisbikes.com.au. Free. Shop open daily.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe