There are some great bike trails and four self-guided winery cycle tours ranging in length from 21 to 50 km (13 to 31 mi). The Mandurang Valley Wine Trail is the shortest and leads to the Chateau Dore Winery and Lynnevale Estate. You can also cycle along the O'Keefe Rail Trail and the Bendigo Bushland Trail; maps and brochures are available at the visitor center.
Moroni's Bikes. This long-established company rents out bikes and also invites cyclists to join in its twice-weekly social road rides. The rides depart every Tuesday and Thursday morning from Golden Square Park at 9 am. They range from 50–60 km (31–37 miles) for fitter folk, with shorter routes for those who want to take it easier. Contact the store for details of other weekly rides for more experienced cyclists. 104 Mitchell St., Bendigo, Bendigo, VIC, 3500. 03/5443–9644. www.moronisbikes.com.au. Free. Mon.–Fri. 9–5:30; Sat. 9–5; Sun. 10:30–4.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's