Big Pineapple Review
Sunshine Plantation in Nambour, just over 100 km (63 miles) north of Brisbane, is home to the impossible-to-miss Big Pineapple. You'll pass it on your way wast if you head inland to Eumundi, Maleny, or Montvale. The 50-foot fiberglass monster towers over the highway. The original plantation train and farm tours still operate, although the property is in the process of renovation to return it to its former glory. Nonetheless, if you're interested in Australia's "Big" things (a series of large fiberglass roadside attractions that dot the country's road system) and are passing through anyway, it's worth a quick stop for a photo and a sundae.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's