Big Pineapple Review
Sunshine Plantation in Nambour, just over 100 km (63 miles) north of Brisbane, is home to the impossible-to-miss Big Pineapple. You'll pass it on your way wast if you head inland to Eumundi, Maleny, or Montvale. The 50-foot fiberglass monster towers over the highway. The original plantation train and farm tours still operate, although the property is in the process of renovation to return it to its former glory. Nonetheless, if you're interested in Australia's "Big" things (a series of large fiberglass roadside attractions that dot the country's road system) and are passing through anyway, it's worth a quick stop for a photo and a sundae.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
As i try to describe my quests from my memories i always try
not to think about what im about to share before i reach the keyboard. a moment before i start writing i just try to quick scan my Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more