The resort on this small, 42-acre island is especially welcoming to day-trippers. Around 30 minutes' boat ride from Shute Harbour, Abel Point Marina, or Hamilton Island, it's a perfect place to relax or pursue outdoor activities such as snorkeling and water sports—which are comparatively affordable here. The resort's lush gardens blend into a small tract of rain forest, frequented by tame wallabies and big-eyed, stilt-legged Stone curlews. The island is surrounded by clear blue water and coral reefs.
Daydream Island at a Glance
Elsewhere in Great Barrier Reef
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's