- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The focus here is on the island's environment, not the one underwater, though snorkeling and swimming are both good here (do take the regular snorkeling trip, generally offered every second day).
Nature walks through varied and spectacular landscapes are the primary attraction. Conditions can be hot and, on some tracks, demanding: wear sturdy shoes and take drinking water, sunscreen, and a map of the island. The Hinchinbrook Island Wilderness Lodge has morning and afternoon beach and island drop-offs/pick-ups (you walk one way). All bushwalking guests must sign in and out, ensuring their safe return. Experienced walkers (preferably with prior training) can trek the famed but difficult Thorsborne Trail.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's