- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
River Kwai Floating Restaurant
River Kwai Floating Restaurant Review
Follow the crowds to this open-air restaurant in the shadow of the railway bridge. Fish dishes (fried with pungent spices or lightly grilled), soups, and curries dominate the menu. The local specialty is yeesok, a fish caught fresh from the Kwai Yai and Kwai Noi rivers. Another tasty choice is the tom yum goong, hot-and-sour shrimp soup. The food is toned down for foreigners, so if you want it spicy, tell them so.
- Address: Beside River Kwai Bridge, Kanchanaburi, 71000
- Phone: 034/512595
- Location: Kanchanaburi
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more