- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Banana Leaf Apolo
The Banana Leaf Apolo Review
This casual, cafeteria-style Indian restaurant is one of the best (and busiest) of its kind in Little India. Fish-head curry is the signature dish, and fish tikka and prawn masala are also standouts, but choose whatever sounds good and you'll still do well. Everything is served on large banana leaves; cracker-like papadam and two scoops of the day's vegetables come with every meal. Spice levels vary, but if the heat catches up with you, ask for curd (traditional yogurt) or raita (yogurt with cucumber and seasonings) to help cool things down.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thought I would follow up on our recent trip, and thank the people that gave me so much advice here.
The itinerary plan was intended to be a 19 day trot in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos prior to a two week Read more
Greetings Fodorites, here is my attempt at a report of my travels across Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand, a trip that took exactly one month to complete.
Before I begin, I want to say Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Steamy, bustling, and burgeoning, this Southeast Asian city-state has become a rathe... Read more
If you haven't been to Singapore in the past three years, it's almost as if you haven't been there a... Read more
Native Hawaiian David Lee has been residing in Singapore for over a year now, and gives our intrepid reporte... Read more