- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
At a Glance
- poolside pampering
- outstanding breakfast at Waterfall Café
- green gardens
- a short hike to Orchard Road
- dated exterior
Check Rates from our Partners
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore Review
For 30 years the Shangri-La has been one of Singapore's top hotels, and the service is some of the best in the city. Often referred to as "Singapore's other botanical garden," the hotel has 15 acres of flowers and plants, visible through the glass wall that encloses the lobby and dining areas. The Mediterranean-influenced Waterfall Café serves great coffee as well as dishes utilizing fresh seasonal produce; you'll find haute Cantonese cuisine in Shang Palace, fine California eats with late-night jazz at Blu, and Japanese at Nadaman. Cold towels, fresh fruit, and ice water are offered throughout the day to those sitting by the pool.
- Address: 22 Orange Grove Rd., Orchard, Singapore, 258350 | Map It
- Phone: 6737–3644; 020/8747–8485 for reservations in the U.K.; 800/942–5050 for reservations in Canada and the U.S.
- Website: www.shangri-la.com
- Metro Orchard.
- Location: Orchard
- 747 rooms and suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Greetings Fodorites, here is my attempt at a report of my travels across Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand, a trip that took exactly one month to complete.
Before I begin, I want to say Read more
We planned our trip to Bandhavgarh and Khajuraho after our friends visited and the way they narrated their experience was really tempting. Read more
My husband and I will be traveling to Singapore (after Shanghai) on a trip very soon and we would love to eat some great "street food" in Singapore. Read more
· News & Features
Steamy, bustling, and burgeoning, this Southeast Asian city-state has become a rathe ... Read more
If you haven't been to Singapore in the past three years, it's almost as if you haven't been there a... Read more
Native Hawaiian David Lee has been residing in Singapore for over a year now, and gives our intrepid reporte... Read more