- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- smack-dab in the middle of downtown
- free (but slow) Wi-Fi
- complimentary bottled water
- beaded curtains instead of bathroom doors
- some rooms have plumbing problems and others are dim
Check Rates from our Partners
East Hotel Review
With hotels in Yangon more expensive than in neighboring Thailand, East offers an especially good value. The hotel is central, rooms are clean, a/c is ice-cold (but adjustable), and staff are friendly and helpful. Be sure to request a room with a window, and know that you may have to see a couple of rooms to find one you like, as some are laid out a bit oddly. The à la carte breakfast is decent, but the hotel is also well located for those wishing to sample a bevy of local street snacks. If you fancy really chowing down, head to nearby Traders Hotel for its US$17 buffet.
- Address: 234-240 Sule Pagoda Rd., Yangon (Rangoon)
- Phone: 959/73135311
- Location: Yangon (Rangoon)
- 48 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I'm interested in trekking. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more