Nyonya Baba Cuisine
Nyonya Baba Cuisine Review
Formerly called the Dragon King, which opened in 1976, this family-run restaurant is one of the few in Penang that continues to serve traditional Nyonya cuisine. It's situated in a row of restored shophouses, and the Peranakan theme can be seen in the colorful floral tiling and in all of the dishes featured in the picture menu. The owners are friendly and around to offer dining advice for those new to the cuisine, however the hong bak (stewed pork in thick gravy), fried chicken, and prawn curry are all top picks.
- Address: 44 Jalan Nagor, Georgetown, Penang 10050
- Phone: 60/42278035
- Location: Penang
- Closed Tues.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Here are travelogues of our trip to Malaysia and Thailand this summer:
As usual long and very detailed. The Read more
Planning another trip to Asia starting in Oct. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more