Nyonya Baba Cuisine
Nyonya Baba Cuisine Review
Formerly called the Dragon King, which opened in 1976, this family-run restaurant is one of the few in Penang that continues to serve traditional Nyonya cuisine. It's situated in a row of restored shophouses, and the Peranakan theme can be seen in the colorful floral tiling and in all of the dishes featured in the picture menu. The owners are friendly and around to offer dining advice for those new to the cuisine, however the hong bak (stewed pork in thick gravy), fried chicken, and prawn curry are all top picks.
- Address: 44 Jalan Nagor, Georgetown, Penang 10050
- Phone: 60/42278035
- Location: Penang
- Closed Tues.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Mr frogoutofwater and I just got back from a wonderful, 50th birthday trip to Malaysian Borneo and Singapore. Read more
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Hi there ! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more