The Eastern & Oriental Hotel's colonial charm is displayed in top form in its much revered restaurant, 1885, named for the year in which the hotel was established. Quintessential afternoon tea is served with scones, cucumber sandwiches, and cakes presented on an elegant three-tier plate, along with clotted cream. The dinner menu is always changing but offers top cuts of meat and fresh seafood served in a contemporary Western style. The real draw is the classic fine-dining setting, which includes glowing candles, white linen, and fresh flowers. Try and score a table by the windows for a view of the surrounding architecture and manicured lawns.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Mr frogoutofwater and I just got back from a wonderful, 50th birthday trip to Malaysian Borneo and Singapore. Read more
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Hi there ! Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more