The Eastern & Oriental Hotel's colonial charm is displayed in top form in its much revered restaurant, 1885, named for the year in which the hotel was established. Quintessential afternoon tea is served with scones, cucumber sandwiches, and cakes presented on an elegant three-tier plate, along with clotted cream. The dinner menu is always changing but offers top cuts of meat and fresh seafood served in a contemporary Western style. The real draw is the classic fine-dining setting, which includes glowing candles, white linen, and fresh flowers. Try and score a table by the windows for a view of the surrounding architecture and manicured lawns.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Here are travelogues of our trip to Malaysia and Thailand this summer:
As usual long and very detailed. The Read more
My friend and I are planning a trip to SEA, we have 24 days of trip, we are flying to KL in mid May.
Our plan is to visit Cambodia and East Malaysia, and on the last 10 days we will be Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more