Top Reasons to Go
Eat Your Way Across Asia. Malaysian cuisine is a smorgasbord of Indian, Chinese, and Filipino flavors, with delicious influences from neighboring Thailand and Java.
Swim, Cycle, Repeat. In Penang, take a dip in the ocean before cruising around the shop house-lined streets of colonial Georgetown.
Hike Mount Kinabalu. This UNESCO World Heritage site is among Southeast Asia's highest; its peaks offer gorgeous, sweeping views.
Take Advantage of the Hub. AirAsia's hub is in Kuala Lumpur, which means frequent flights to a bevy of neighboring countries at low, low prices.
Swing by Singapore. Singapore is a shopper's paradise, and the tiny city-state is just four hours' driving time from Kuala Lumpur.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's