- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
A Day on the Green
Tokyo has 21 golf courses within its borders and a vast selection beyond city limits. Some are private, but that doesn't always mean nonmembers can't play. Bear in mind that you may pay twice what you would on weekdays for weekends and holidays, and just because facilities are open to tourists doesn't mean they have bilingual staff. Luckily, most have self-service systems or friendly staff. You can book tee times at Golf in Japan (www.golf-in-japan.com), an online guide to the country's courses. Most courses rent sets so you don't have to lug yours.
The city has 78 driving ranges. Most are open from 11 am to 7 or 8 pm and will rent you a club for around ¥300.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe