- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Crowded with locals, Mitsu-ishi has a convivial atmosphere and dishes that appeal to everyone. Sashimi moriawase (assorted sashimi; ¥1,200–¥2,500) is an excellent choice for two or three people. Grilled scallops and grilled chicken with herbs are also tasty and popular. The mitsu-ishi gozen (¥2,000) and hime kaiseki (¥3,000) set menus include sashimi, tempura, grilled fish, vegetables, rice, soup, and fruit. There's an abundant sake list, too. If you're in the mood for drinks and some finger food, take a seat at the bar, where the chef sometimes hands out complimentary snacks over the counter. Look for the mood-lit white building with boxy dark roof.
- Address: 2–7–36 Yasukata, Aomori, 038-0000
- Phone: 017/735–3314
- Location: Aomori
- Closed 3rd Sun. of month.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I am leaving on a trip to Japan, China, Myanmar and Thailand on March 28 for one month and need to be able to call the US. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more