- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- lovely garden
- central yet quiet location
- vegetarian meals available upon request
- communal bathing is not for the shy
Check Rates from our Partners
Friendly service and delicious meals make for a relaxed stay in this quiet mix of old and new. The newer wing has suites with private baths, whereas rooms in the old wing share a communal bath. A green tea porridge breakfast is served in the dining room overlooking the interior garden. Prices include a kaiseki dinner and breakfast, and there are reduced prices for stays of three nights or more. Tsubakiso is down a quiet side street in central Nara, about a 10-minute walk from either of the main train stations.
- Address: 35 Tsubai-cho, Central Nara, Nara, Nara-ken 630-8343
- Phone: 0742/22–5330
- Location: Western Nara
- 7 Japanese-style rooms, 3 with bath.
- Rate includes some meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
Hi, I'm totally new to Fodor, so please be kind!
I've just booked flights to Japan and am trying to get my head round coming up with an itinery, which is proving harder than with any other trips I've done Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more