At a Glance
- lovely garden
- central yet quiet location
- vegetarian meals available upon request
- communal bathing is not for the shy
Friendly service and delicious meals make for a relaxed stay in this quiet mix of old and new. The newer wing has suites with private baths, whereas rooms in the old wing share a communal bath. A green tea porridge breakfast is served in the dining room overlooking the interior garden. Prices include a kaiseki dinner and breakfast, and there are reduced prices for stays of three nights or more. Tsubakiso is down a quiet side street in central Nara, about a 10-minute walk from either of the main train stations.
- Address: 35 Tsubai-cho, Central Nara, Nara, Nara-ken, 630-8343
- Phone: 0742/22–5330
- Location: Western Nara
- 7 Japanese-style rooms, 3 with bath
- Rate includes some meals.