- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Mawaki Po-re Po-re
At a Glance
- great views
- quiet atmosphere
- close to mineral baths
- somewhat out of the way
Check Rates from our Partners
Mawaki Po-re Po-re Review
Built into a hillock, this little hotel has great views of the sea and surrounding hills. Breakfast is included in the reasonable rates, and the staff is kind. The Western-style rooms are done in blue and lilac; the Japanese-style rooms have shoji screens and are slightly larger and brighter but cost more. The hotel is connected to the mineral bath complex at Mawaki.
- Address: 19–110 Aza-Mawaki, Noto-cho Housu-gun, 927-0562
- Phone: 0768/62–4700
- Location: Noto-hanto (Noto Peninsula)
- 6 Western-style rooms, 5 Japanese-style rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
As some of you have undoubtedly realized, there are currently two tags for Japan -- with and without a capital J. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more