At a Glance
- traditional setting
- beautiful building
- some English is spoken
- no private bath or toilets
- paper walls mean little privacy
Check Rates from our Partners
Hatago Matsushiro-ya Review
This small ryokan has welcomed guests since 1804. It's definitely a traditional experience: 10 large tatami rooms share a single bath and four clean but old-fashioned pit toilets, and the walls are sliding paper screens. Delicately arranged dinners are served in your room. The ryokan is closed from Wednesday morning to Thursday morning.
- Address: 807 Azuma-Terashita, Minami-Nagiso-machi, Kiso-gun, Nagano-ken, 399-5302
- Phone: 0264/57–3022
- Location: Kiso Valley
- 7 Japanese-style rooms without bath
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
- Closed Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello, Well, I've been back for a couple of months now, so I better put out a trip report before my next vacation coming up next w... Read more
26.03.14 After 10 hrs flight from Copenhagen, arrival at the Narita Airport, Tokyo. Arrival ahead of time. We wait for our two frie... Read more