- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
If you’re coming to Shikoku by train, your first stop will likely be Takamatsu, the capital of Kagawa Prefecture. Takamatsu combines urban verve with a relaxed down-home atmosphere. There is something Parisian in the air here: the locals’ unwavering devotion to taking things slow, the city’s wide sunlit boulevards, funky shops and cafés, and the prefectural government’s dedication to funding the arts make Takamatsu the perfect place to slow down, look around, and adjust to Shikoku time.
Takamatsu at a Glance
- Isamu Noguchi Teien Bijutsukan (Isamu Noguchi Garden Museum)
- Kagawa Kenritsu Myuujiamu (Kagawa Prefectural Museum)
Elsewhere in Shikoku
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's