The Silk Road Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best The Silk Road restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in The Silk Road
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Terracotta warriors: Take in one of the nation's most haunting and memorable sites—the vast life-size army of soldiers, built to outlast death... Read more
The history of the Silk Road starts in 138 BC, when Emperor Wudi of the Han Dynasty sent a caravan of 100 men to the west, attempting to forge... Read more
The residents of Xinjiang are apt to point out that the Silk Road isn't the first road they knew. That honor goes to the "Jade Road," which was... Read more
Now57° F Light Rain 94% Humidity April 18, 2014 at 6:00AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more