- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Hiring a driver in China is possible, but unreasonably expensive. Considering that taxis are cheap and abundant, and most cities have (or are in the process of building) user-friendly subways, navigating Chinese cities is fairly easy. Always remember to carry the Chinese address written down in advance. If you insist on hiring a car, plan on paying at least $150 for an eight-hour day. Hangzhou Car Service operates an impressive fleet of Japanese, German, and American vehicles, and can arrange city tours, intercity transport, and airport pickup.
Hangzhou Car Service. Hangzhou Car Service 0755/2594-1385. www.hangzhoucarservice.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96 -- Beijing: 4-Star Hotel Downtown into Summer, 25% Off Mercure Beijing Downtown
- $2299 -- China: 11-Night Vacation w/Air & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- Ageless China IExplore
- $1249 -- China: 3-City, 8-Nt. Vacation w/Air, $1400 Off — $1,249 Affordable Asia
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong — $3,350 IExplore