- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Hiring a driver in China is possible, but unreasonably expensive. Considering that taxis are cheap and abundant, and most cities have (or are in the process of building) user-friendly subways, navigating Chinese cities is fairly easy. Always remember to carry the Chinese address written down in advance. If you insist on hiring a car, plan on paying at least $150 for an eight-hour day. Hangzhou Car Service operates an impressive fleet of Japanese, German, and American vehicles, and can arrange city tours, intercity transport, and airport pickup.
Hangzhou Car Service. Hangzhou Car Service 0755/2594–1385. www.hangzhoucarservice.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe