- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Dubai, 1st Edition
The Cellar Review
A contemporary take on the medieval banquet hall, including huge stained-glass windows, the style here is a matter of taste. You'll either love the look or hate it, but you won't feel that way about the high-quality food. You can dine inside or outdoors at this popular restaurant, which serves well-cooked and -presented food in elegant surroundings. The reasonably priced menu is a real mix, with signature dishes such as a duck leg marinated in Asian spices and served with bok choy or a succulent lamb pie. Think European heartiness meets Asian subtlety. It may sound odd, but it works. The wine selection here is one of the largest in Dubai, hence the restaurant's name, and you're always welcome to come for a glass or two and skip the meal. Wine tastings take place evenings throughout the year.
- Address: The Aviation Club, off Al Garhoud Rd., Garhoud, Dubai
- Phone: 4/282–9333
- Location: Deira and the North Bank
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a link for my trip to Dubai and Bangkok in November 2013. Read more
Last Fall I read a notice that said that Emirates Airways was adding several new cities to it’s American service, among them Boston. Read more
We have several days to spend in this area of the world. Read more
· News & Features
The posh Polynesian-themed Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach debuted in Dubai over the summer, adding anothe ... Read more
The United Arab Emirates may be best known for its luxury high rises and deluxe shopping malls, but look... Read more
Dubai has a monopoly on the biggest, tallest, and glitziest everything—and it's if-you-build-it-they-will-come... Read more