- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Start your evening at this award-winning restaurant with predinner drinks on the patio overlooking the river, and then move inside to a candlelit table to feast on a fabulous five-course menu. The menu, which changes daily, is imaginative, taking classic South African ingredients and giving them an original, modern twist; chef Lizelle Stolze's passion is evident in the creative combination of flavors and attention to detail in presentation. Dishes could include perfectly cooked venison medallions served with a wild mushroom "lasagna" made of thin slices of mieliepap (a kind of polenta) or Cape salmon served with sautéed niçoise vegetables and hollandaise sauce. Desserts also have a South African touch, such as Amarula crème brûlée or saffron-infused milk tart. There are also four luxurious guest rooms upstairs ($$$), all with river views and a large communal balcony.
- Address: Freesia Ave., Wilderness, 6560
- Phone: 044/877-0433
- Location: Wilderness
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch. Closed Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town & Namibia IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (12-Day) IExplore
- South Africa - Black Culture Experience — $3,259 IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (14-Day) — $12,790 IExplore
- South Africa Experience — $4,149 IExplore
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more