- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Am Weinberg Review
Located in one of Windhoek's older homes (built in 1901), this good-value fine-dining establishment has fabulous views of the city from an unexpectedly relaxed and homey vantage—think warm mustard-color walls, slate tile floors, and hurricane lamps. The food is upscale European, with French and Italian classics, such as homemade gnocchi in Gorgonzola and divine French onion soup. The mains focus, however, is on perfectly cooked steaks and game meat, such as the herb-crusted springbok loin. There are also a few fish options, including a delicious and rich Marseilles-style bouillabaisse. The wine list befits an ex-wine estate, but mark-ups are significant. Early arrivals can enjoy sundowners from the bar on a lower terrace that enjoys great views.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more