- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This German Colony institution is as well-known for its famed Oreganatto salad (made with sweet potatoes) as it is for the sweet potato pancakes and salmon burgers. One of the few local cafés serving a Friday morning breakfast buffet—although you may want to order the usual eggs, cheeses, and salad—it's a warm, welcoming place with a personable staff. It's a favorite spot for locals, both for the excellent coffee and the full meals. The Botanical Gardens branch has the same menu, but a different view: lily pads, flittering birds, and lots of flowers.
- Address: 36 Emek Refa'im St., German Colony, Jerusalem, 9310418
- Phone: 02/563–5284
- Location: German Colony
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Fri. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
We thinking about taking a trip to Jordan. We have booked flight to Aqaba. And our plan is to see Wadi Rum and Petra (we have booked a tour with a Bedouin in Wadi Rum). Then we're heading up to the Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more