This German Colony institution is as well-known for its famed Oreganatto salad (made with sweet potatoes) as it is for the sweet potato pancakes and salmon burgers. One of the few local cafés serving a Friday morning breakfast buffet—although you may want to order the usual eggs, cheeses, and salad—it's a warm, welcoming place with a personable staff. It's a favorite spot for locals, both for the excellent coffee and the full meals. The Botanical Gardens branch has the same menu, but a different view: lily pads, flittering birds, and lots of flowers.
- Address: 36 Emek Refa'im St., German Colony, Jerusalem, 9310418
- Phone: 02/563–5284
- Location: German Colony
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Fri. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All -- Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Great travel, with the exception of a little visa snafu (see al... Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. A lot of the city was shut down due to the Sabbath. Once I woke up ... Read more
We have an Israel/Jordan trip planned for mid-September. Although much can change by then, the airline would allow us to make changes... Read more