- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Because the Sinai Peninsula and Red Sea Coast both have seaside activities and ancient monasteries—the most impressive mountain scenery is in the Sinai—you don't need to go to both areas. Air connections are limited and unreliable. To avoid long desert drives, you can fly from Cairo, Luxor, or Alexandria to your beach resort of choice. The resorts on the Red Sea Coast are also best reached by plane (or by road from Luxor). Bur Sa‘id is best seen as a day trip from Cairo or as a stopover on the way to the Sinai if you are going by road.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's