- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Diving and Windsurfing
The area has the coolest waters in the Egyptian Red Sea, but this does not mean that the diving is disappointing. On the contrary, there are protected reefs running all along the shelf just offshore. Conditions are also ideal for both sailing and windsurfing, and most of the dive centers offer these activities as well.
Red Sea Waterworld. This PADI five-star Gold Palm Resort and National Geographic Dive Center has a professional team of managers and a multilingual staff with great modern equipment. It's also a recognized catamaran sailing school and windsurfing school. Taba Heights, Taba, 46621. 069/358-0099. www.redseawaterworld.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Diving and Windsurfing
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe