- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Unas's Pyramid Review
The last pyramid built in the 5th Dynasty was the first to contain a burial chamber decorated with the pyramid texts, a set of spells to ensure that the pharaoh had a successful afterlife. The pyramid occupies an area 188 feet square; its original height was 141 feet. The mortuary temple, on the east side, is ruined, save for the pavement, some column fragments, and a doorway leading to the causeway. The causeway is decorated in places with scenes of markets, transporting columns, wild animals, and so forth. To the south lie two empty boat pits. At the end of the causeway stand the remains of the valley temple.
- Address: Saqqara
- Cost: £E60, as part of the Saqqara general admission
- Hours: Daily 8–4
- Location: Saqqara
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more