4 Exclusive Ski Resort Deals
With at least two solid ski months left in the winter season, we see no excuse not to get your schuss on, especially when we’ve brokered some great ski deals just for Fodorites. Prime mountain lodges in Sundance, Vail, Breckenridge, and Interlaken are offering peak-season discounts of up to 30 percent. The mountains are steep here, not the prices.
Save 20% on Rates and Ski for Free at Utah’s Sundance Resort
The Deal: While Sundance is just coming off its festival high, its mountain conditions are finally peaking (snow-packed with a layer of powder on top). Robert Redford’s Sundance Resort, which houses its share of celebrities during the fest (and was chosen for Fodor's 2011 Hotel Awards), comes with 109 rooms ranging from rustic studios to snazzy duplex cabins with wrap-around decks. The slopeside resort sits on private land which means you can count on uncrowded runs. Fodorites can pick up a 20 percent discount on rooms and ski for free.
Good to Know: Après-ski activities at the resort include regular film screenings and art classes.
The Details: Discounted rates start from $292 per night, include free daily lift tickets, and must be booked by March 5. Travel is valid through April 8.
Book It: Visit www.sundanceresort.com/fodors (code FODORS).
Knock 30% off Rates at Breckenridge’s Luxury One Ski Hill Place
The Deal: Breckenridge (Breck, in short) celebrates its 50th anniversary this year. Ski some of the 155 trails at the Rocky Mountain favorite and stay at One Ski Hill Place (pictured above), a sumptuous 88-room condo-style hotel located at the base of Breck’s Peak 8. All units feature eat-in kitchens, stone fireplaces, large windows with mountain views, and easy ski access to four lifts. An aquatics center, bowling alley, and après-ski T-Bar are a few onsite highlights. Fodorites can save 30 percent off rates now through summer.
Good to Know: Buy discounted lift tickets online; they’ll cost more at the ticket window.
The Details: Discounted winter rates start from $350 per night; $145 per night in summer. Blackout dates include February 17-20, and March 10-17. Offer is valid through November 8, 2012.
Book It: Call 888/906-6303, or visit breckresorts.com/fodors (code 12BFODORS).
Save Up to 30% at Swanky Swiss Ski Resort & Spa
The Deal: Skiing the Swiss Alps is topped only by staying at a phenomenal landmark hotel like the Victoria-Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa. A Belle Epoque atrium lobby, a superb spa, gorgeous guest rooms with views over Interlaken and Jungfrau peak, and a few quality restaurants make the resort well worth the 20-minute drive to Grindelwald. This February and March, Fodor’s readers can book a two-night package worth savings of 31 percent. The deal includes two nights in a suite, buffet breakfast, a day ski pass for Kleine Scheidegg-Männlichen, hotel bus transfers to and from Männlichen and Grindelwald Grund, a gourmet dinner at your choice of hotel restaurant, and a 50-minute spa treatment at Jungfrau’s acclaimed spa.
Good to Know: Holistic services from its ESPA facility, an Asian-inspired SENSAI SPA facility, a Turkish steam room, and Finnish saunas are among the spa’s many offerings. If you can’t decide how to relax, try the signature Swiss Alpine Herb Compress massage which uses alpine herbs during a full-body and scalp rub.
The Details: Package rates start from 1414 Swiss Francs (about $1,543 USD), for two people in a suite.
Book It: Call +41 (0)33 828 28 28, or email email@example.com and reference code Fodor’s Spa & Snow.
Free Room Upgrade Plus 30% off at Vail Cascade
The Deal: The ski-in, ski-out Vail Cascade has a prime location at the base of Vail Mountain. Despite its size (292 rooms plus condo units), the resort feels intimate with roaring fireplaces, warm colors, and cozy fabrics. Cascade’s adjoining Aira Spa & Club has racquetball, squash, and basketball courts for off-slope play. In honor of the resort’s 30th anniversary this year, guests can book rates reduced by 30 percent, pick up a $30 credit per stay, and Fodor’s readers can snag a free room upgrade at check-in.
Good to Know: The resort credit is for use solely at Aria Spa & Club, Atwater on Gore Creek, Fireside Bar, Market Cade, or on in-room dining.
The Details: Discounted rates start from $250 per night in February and March; $70 per night in April and May. Offer is valid through December 31, 2012.
Book It: Call 800/282-4183 and reference code vc30thFodors, or book online at www.vail.cascade/fodors.
Photo credit: courtesy One Ski Hill Place
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1749 & up -- 5-Star Luxe Oahu Vacation w/Air, $953 OffApple Vacations
- $169 & up -- Weekend Cruise to Baja Mexico on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Lines
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1549 -- Ireland: 5-Star Vacation w/Four Season From BostonAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $1609 -- Ireland: 5-Star Vacation w/Four Season From OrlandoAer Lingus Vacation Store