White Hot Winter Ski Deals
Breckenridge Ski Resort, ColoradoThis year marks the 50th anniversary of Breckenridge Ski Resort, and the property is celebrating with 50 percent off room rates when visitors book a minimum of two nights at The Village at Breckenridge from Nov. 11 to Dec. 15. The package also includes two drinks and an appetizer at The Village’s Park Avenue Pub.
Okemo Mountain Resort, VermontBeginners will love a new program at Okemo Mountain Resort that includes a two-hour lesson, rental equipment, and a lower-mountain lift ticket for $39. Through Nov. 12, the resort is also offering a $69 savings card that entitles visitors to larger lift-ticket discounts the more they ride; after seven visits, cardholders get 40 percent off.
The Sky Lodge, UtahThe Sky Lodge is more boutique hotel than ski resort, but it certainly offers early-season packages worth mentioning. One, dubbed "Train Like An Olympian," goes for $485 per night, and includes a choice of bobsledding, cross-country or downhill skiing, as well as breakfast at the Easy Street restaurant and a massage at Amatsu Spa, both on-site.
Whistler, British ColumbiaFresh off the 2010 Winter Olympics, the slopes at Whistler are primed for another epic year. Visitors who book early—before Nov. 15—receive discounts of up to 36 percent on stay-and-ski packages that include lodging and lift tickets. Another bonus: Children 12 and under stay, ski, and get rentals for free.
Northstar Resort, CaliforniaNorthstar Resort can be crowded in high season, but early on the place feels like a private slope. Prices for this year’s stay-and-ski packages start at $105 per night and are available through Dec. 23. Free lift tickets are valid Monday through Friday and are exchangeable for a cross-country trail pass or a $25 resort gift card. Gearing up to head to one of these resorts? Get planning tips for your trip and more in our destination guides:
- Colorado Travel Guide
- Vermont Travel Guide
- Utah Travel Guide
- British Columbia Travel Guide
- California Travel Guide
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Great article! I'll be in Vail this early season. The Antlers at Vail has a good deal on lodging + lift tickets - http://www.antlersvail.com/2011/06/5-reasons-to-enjoy-vail%e2%80%99s-early-season-snow/. See you on the slopes.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best Ramen Shops in the U.S.
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $449 & up -- Ends 4/5: Alaska Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1889 & up -- Luxe 7-Night Steamboat Cruises, $800 OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company
- $1072* & up -- Flights to Galapagos from the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $139 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Downtown Tribeca Hotel, 30% OffSheraton New York Tribeca
- $1249 -- Coastal Cruise: Norway Summer Expedition, $300 OffHurtigruten
- $134 & up -- Oahu: Waikiki Hotel near Beach, Save 40%Sheraton Princess Kaiulani