Chic Quin Hotel to Open Near NYC's Central Park
New York City's fall season just got a lot hotter with news of the September 1 opening of The Quin Hotel. Just two blocks south of Central Park (also close to The Museum of Modern Art, designer-label boutiques along Fifth Avenue, Carnegie Hall, and Lincoln Center)—at 57th Street and 6th Avenue—the 205-room hotel will house many layers of luxury.
A Technogym fitness center, drawing room decked out with Apple electronics, and Dux® beds by Duxiana in each room are just three of the posh perks for guests. Also in each room: Fresh-brand toiletries from across the pond, Sferra® bed linens, Nespresso machines, and touchscreen tablets by your bedside so you can control the room’s lighting and temperature without getting up. Of the 27 suites, two were created in honor of artist Georgia O’Keefe and Polish pianist Ignace Jan Paderewski, with a dining room and living room—plus, of course, designer odes to each (earthy tones for O’Keefe, for example). There is also a 1,900-square-foot, three-story penthouse. Some of the rooms and suites have connecting rooms and many are outfitted with glass-enclosed rain showers.
The hotel's retsuarant, The Wayfarer, is a two-story, 200-seat eatery that includes a cocktail and wine bar. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the culinary focus is on regional seafood. The interior design will feature an upscale gentleman’s-club theme with a retro twist.
Three unique packages were created for The Quin Hotel’s launch: the Bed and Breakfast Package (includes accommodations, full breakfast for two, and a $20 gift card to any of the Nespresso coffee bars in New York City; from $499 per night), the Mercedes Airport Transfer Package (accommodations and transportation from the airport in a luxury Mercedes car; from $599 per night), and the Valet Parking Package (includes accommodations and overnight parking for your entire stay; from $499 per night).
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: The Quin Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $989 & up -- Puerto Vallarta Beach Trip w/Air, Kids Eat FreeCheapCaribbean.com
- $1025 & up -- Waikiki 4-Star, 5-Night Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $739 & up -- Alaska: Weeklong Cruises incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Line
- $2039 & up -- Moorea 7-Nt. Vacations w/Air, Save $300Pleasant Holidays
- $279 & up -- Caribbean Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $109 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Downtown Tribeca Hotel, 40% OffSheraton New York Tribeca