Chic Quin Hotel to Open Near NYC's Central Park
New York City's fall season just got a lot hotter with news of the September 1 opening of The Quin Hotel. Just two blocks south of Central Park (also close to The Museum of Modern Art, designer-label boutiques along Fifth Avenue, Carnegie Hall, and Lincoln Center)—at 57th Street and 6th Avenue—the 205-room hotel will house many layers of luxury.
A Technogym fitness center, drawing room decked out with Apple electronics, and Dux® beds by Duxiana in each room are just three of the posh perks for guests. Also in each room: Fresh-brand toiletries from across the pond, Sferra® bed linens, Nespresso machines, and touchscreen tablets by your bedside so you can control the room’s lighting and temperature without getting up. Of the 27 suites, two were created in honor of artist Georgia O’Keefe and Polish pianist Ignace Jan Paderewski, with a dining room and living room—plus, of course, designer odes to each (earthy tones for O’Keefe, for example). There is also a 1,900-square-foot, three-story penthouse. Some of the rooms and suites have connecting rooms and many are outfitted with glass-enclosed rain showers.
The hotel's retsuarant, The Wayfarer, is a two-story, 200-seat eatery that includes a cocktail and wine bar. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the culinary focus is on regional seafood. The interior design will feature an upscale gentleman’s-club theme with a retro twist.
Three unique packages were created for The Quin Hotel’s launch: the Bed and Breakfast Package (includes accommodations, full breakfast for two, and a $20 gift card to any of the Nespresso coffee bars in New York City; from $499 per night), the Mercedes Airport Transfer Package (accommodations and transportation from the airport in a luxury Mercedes car; from $599 per night), and the Valet Parking Package (includes accommodations and overnight parking for your entire stay; from $499 per night).
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: The Quin Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- $1995 & up -- Australia 12-Night, 4-City Land Only EscapeSpringboard Vacations
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Resort with Waterpark, Save 20%SeaCrest Oceanfront Resort
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $849 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $2657 -- Australia Outback & Ayers Rock Land Only VacationSpringboard Vacations