Splurge dinner in Vegas

Search

Splurge dinner in Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Splurge dinner in Vegas

On my own one night in Vegas and thought I'd splurge on a nice dinner. I have reservations at Joel Robuchon.

The next night I will be with a friend and am considering Bobby Flay's restaurant, Mesa Grill.

Any thoughts on these choices or other suggestions.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 06:22 PM

Bouchon (at Venetian) was one of the best meals I've ever had.
Also enjoyed Craftsteak and Fiamma (MGM).
Olives (Bellagio) and Mon Ami Gabi (Paris) are also good, altho not quite as splurge-y.
Enjoy Robuchon. I hear it's amazing.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for responding. We are staying at Venetian so I thought we would do breakfast at Bouchon. I think I've eaten lunch at Olives. What is Craftsteak (is it a steakhouse)?
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 07:01 PM
TahitiTams

Loved Daniel Boulud's Brasserie at the Wynn...food is outstanding and the water show is wild.
Love bouchon and have lusted for dinner at Robuchon.

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 07:17 PM

Here's another vote for Olives and Bouchon, although I have to admit I've not tried Robuchon. I've also done breakfast at Bouchon, which was very very nice.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 07:25 PM

I have to say that I don't consider Olives a "splurge" place at all, but I probably had the finest meal I've ever had in Vegas there -- for lunch no less. It really was superb.
Joel Robuchon has to be amazing.
I like Bouchon, but again, I wouldn't call it a "splurge" place -- just a really good bistro.
It's interesting that none of the Bellagio places are being menioned much any more.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Original Poster

Ok to summarize the ideal plan - breakfast at Bouchon, lunch at Olives and dinner at Robuchon. I'd say I am in for some really lovely dining, now if I'm only so fortunate at the tables!
Thanks to all.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 04:14 AM

POlson, that sounds like a day made in dining heaven! But you better be spending a couple hours at the gym between each meal, not sitting at the tables!
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

NeoPatrick - thanks for the advice. Of course you're right about the gym - I'll throw in some time at Canyon Ranch Spa!
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 06:18 AM

Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill was fantastic ... I highly recommend it and go hungry!
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 03:03 PM

Anyone try Guy Savoy yet at Caesar's? When I called for reservations, they indicated that the menu is very close to the Paris original (except with American sourced products).
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 07:12 PM

If you want a really great "splurge" restaurant I would definitely suggest the "Eiffel Tower Restuarant" at the Paris Hotel - the restaurant is spectaucular and the food is very pricey but delicious - lunch for two was almost $100.00 but it was the best creme brulee I have ever had - anywhere..make sure you ask for a window table when you are making reservations for an unbelievable view of the strip while you dine.

Another great choice for a true splurge is Picasso or Le Cirque at The Bellagio
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 05:27 PM

I loved Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill in Vegas! Here's a tip for you...when they bring the bread basket, make a nose-dive for the blue-corn muffin before anyone else gets it. You won't be sorry.
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 07:56 PM

Just to throw in another option- we loved Commander's Palace. It was in the Aladdin Desert Passage Mall (you really couldn't tell once you were inside), but I've heard they're moving to the Venetian. I have no idea on the time frame for that though.
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM

Oooo! Yes, I went with my family to the Commander's Palace last month, and I thought it was excellent. The service was so good, too. My boss later told me that that is one of his favorites, hands down.
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 08:25 PM

Sadly, Commander's Palace is now closed. There have been various rumors as to a new home, some indicating a move to the Venetian, others indicating that plan had fallen through.

LoriS, I tried Guy Savoy a few months ago, and thought it was excellent - not as good as Joel Robuchon, but still a great splurge. For details, see my review at http://home.comcast.net/~lasvegasvac..._GuySavoy.html (you'll probably have to cut and paste this link, as this board usually has problems with tildes).
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 03:41 PM

I second omenboy. Effiel Tower Resuarant was fabulous.Nice views and great food.
We also loved Stack at the Mirage.
Michaels is insanley expensive( women don't have prices on thier menu), but an experience.
Enjoy
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Thnak you for all the suggestions. I'm off to Vegas in a few days and will report back on the meals....
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Going back again this year for another splurge dinner. To recap, I did have an incredible dinner at Joel Robuchon during last year's trip. And, my BFF and I had a wonderful time at Mesa Grill. Two great meals (in addition to yummy breakfasts each morning at Bouchon).

So where to this year? DH is coming with me so I am thinking of a steak place. Any thoughts on Mon Ami Gabi, Craftsteak, Delmonicos (we've been to N9ine already)? Although I am tempted to go to Daniel Boloud's Brasserie.
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 12:00 PM

Gallagher's steakhouse at NYNY and the Steakhouse at Circus Circus are both very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -