I will be traveling with wife and kids (13,10) to western Wyoming from June 8-16. Rough itinerary is as follows.
June 8--Fly into Jackson. Check out Mormon Row. Staying at Spring Creek Ranch four nights.
June 9--Horseback ride. Explore downtown Jackson
June 10--National Museum of Wildlife Art. River Rafting.
June 11--Craig Thomas Visitor Center. Cascade Canyon Hike, picnic.
June 12--Yellowstone (Old Faithful, Paint Pots). Lake Yellowstone Hotel two nights.
June 13--Hayden Valley, Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Lower Falls, Ribbon Lake Loop trail.
June 14--Mammoth Hot Springs, Norris Geyser Basin. Overnight at Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel.
June 15--Lamar Valley, Tower Fall. Drive to Cody. Cody Nite Rodeo. Overnight at The Cody.
June 16--Buffalo Bill Historical Center. Drive back to Jackson Airport for 6:25pm flight.
1. Any activities/sites we're missing and would recommend in lieu of the above?
2. What kind of weather can we expect?
3. Any other hiking trails you would recommend besides the above?
4. How long a drive can we expect from Cody back to Jackson Hole Airport?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 2 Denali
- 3 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 4 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 5 What car service?
- 6 Maine in May?
- 7 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 8 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 9 New Years Eve in NYC
- 10 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 11 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 12 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 13 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 14 Cruise Ship Schedule by City
- 15 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 16 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 17 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 18 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 19 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 20 Bed and Breakfast
- 21 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!
- 22 New England Winter get away with older kids
- 23 Route from South Rim Grand Canyon to Moab?
- 24 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 25 Looking for a Bed and breakfast