I will be traveling with wife and kids (13,10) to western Wyoming from June 8-16. Rough itinerary is as follows.
June 8--Fly into Jackson. Check out Mormon Row. Staying at Spring Creek Ranch four nights.
June 9--Horseback ride. Explore downtown Jackson
June 10--National Museum of Wildlife Art. River Rafting.
June 11--Craig Thomas Visitor Center. Cascade Canyon Hike, picnic.
June 12--Yellowstone (Old Faithful, Paint Pots). Lake Yellowstone Hotel two nights.
June 13--Hayden Valley, Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Lower Falls, Ribbon Lake Loop trail.
June 14--Mammoth Hot Springs, Norris Geyser Basin. Overnight at Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel.
June 15--Lamar Valley, Tower Fall. Drive to Cody. Cody Nite Rodeo. Overnight at The Cody.
June 16--Buffalo Bill Historical Center. Drive back to Jackson Airport for 6:25pm flight.
1. Any activities/sites we're missing and would recommend in lieu of the above?
2. What kind of weather can we expect?
3. Any other hiking trails you would recommend besides the above?
4. How long a drive can we expect from Cody back to Jackson Hole Airport?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 2 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 3 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 4 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 5 First Trip to New Mexico
- 6 costco Big island
- 7 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 8 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 9 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 10 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 11 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 12 Wedding gifts?
- 13 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 14 Seattle?
- 15 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 16 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 17 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 18 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 19 November redwoods trip
- 20 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 21 Layover
- 22 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 23 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 24 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 25 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.