I plan a short shopping visit to NY at the end of April (weekend prior to 1st of May) and I will also go to Woodbury Common. I've already been there, but my husband did the driving back then and it was on a weekday. This time I'm alone and I can only get there on Saturday.
As I arrive very late on Friday, my first hotel is directly at the airport (JFK). My second hotel is downtown Manhattan, close to the WTC site.
What do you suggest?:
A - Rent a car at the airport on Saturday Morning (how early?), drive directly to WC, shop until the afternoon or so and drive back to Manhattan, where I could leave my bags and case at the hotel (although I remember major traffic problems in the WTC area because of the building site) and then return the car at the city rental station somewhere in Greenwich Village. Is there any major traffic from JFK (via Manhattan?) to Woodbury on a Saturday morning and into Manhattan in the afternoon or evening?. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of driving in NY City. I would certainly take a GPS and try to get back by daylight. I presume that the car is more flexible, can carry my bags, and I don't have to wait for the bus.
B - Take the airtrain or subway into Manhattan Saturday morning (how long does it take from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal?), get to WC by Greyline or similar and get back to NY in the afternoon or later. I would have to get from the bus terminal to the hotel by subway, and I have to carry my heavy suitcase - are there any elevators or lifts? I can only remember normal stairs...
Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Week West Coast Travel with Family
- 2 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 3 Temecula to Monterey road trip options
- 4 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 5 Where to Stay in San Francisco for one night
- 6 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 7 North Truro, Ma
- 8 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 9 My Topic Title Child-friendly hotel, Long Island NY
- 10 Food Tours
- 11 Holland Tunnel to The Roosevelt Hotel
- 12 University of Arkansas with 14yr old boys in May. What else should we see?
- 13 Help! I goofed up my Grand Canyon trip planning!
- 14 Help- Penn Station to JFK/Layover help
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Boothbay or Camden, Maine?
- 17 Lake Powell Houseboat Itinerary
- 18 Chain of Lakes-Which to Focus on?
- 19 Cape Cod to Boston - any mass transit?
- 20 Few days near Seattle, possibly solo
- 21 NYC to Washington by train
- 22 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 23 I Which Road trip with kids from OK to take: east coast or South
- 24 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 25 Possibly moving from Pittsburgh to Raleigh, need help!!