I plan a short shopping visit to NY at the end of April (weekend prior to 1st of May) and I will also go to Woodbury Common. I've already been there, but my husband did the driving back then and it was on a weekday. This time I'm alone and I can only get there on Saturday.
As I arrive very late on Friday, my first hotel is directly at the airport (JFK). My second hotel is downtown Manhattan, close to the WTC site.
What do you suggest?:
A - Rent a car at the airport on Saturday Morning (how early?), drive directly to WC, shop until the afternoon or so and drive back to Manhattan, where I could leave my bags and case at the hotel (although I remember major traffic problems in the WTC area because of the building site) and then return the car at the city rental station somewhere in Greenwich Village. Is there any major traffic from JFK (via Manhattan?) to Woodbury on a Saturday morning and into Manhattan in the afternoon or evening?. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of driving in NY City. I would certainly take a GPS and try to get back by daylight. I presume that the car is more flexible, can carry my bags, and I don't have to wait for the bus.
B - Take the airtrain or subway into Manhattan Saturday morning (how long does it take from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal?), get to WC by Greyline or similar and get back to NY in the afternoon or later. I would have to get from the bus terminal to the hotel by subway, and I have to carry my heavy suitcase - are there any elevators or lifts? I can only remember normal stairs...
Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 2 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 3 Northern California Gardens.
- 4 Florida with a 2 year old
- 5 Train from east cost to west coast
- 6 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 7 Route 66
- 8 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 9 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 10 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 11 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 12 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 13 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 14 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 15 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 16 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 17 Arches or Zion?
- 18 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 19 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 20 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 21 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 22 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 23 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 24 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 25 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City