I plan a short shopping visit to NY at the end of April (weekend prior to 1st of May) and I will also go to Woodbury Common. I've already been there, but my husband did the driving back then and it was on a weekday. This time I'm alone and I can only get there on Saturday.
As I arrive very late on Friday, my first hotel is directly at the airport (JFK). My second hotel is downtown Manhattan, close to the WTC site.
What do you suggest?:
A - Rent a car at the airport on Saturday Morning (how early?), drive directly to WC, shop until the afternoon or so and drive back to Manhattan, where I could leave my bags and case at the hotel (although I remember major traffic problems in the WTC area because of the building site) and then return the car at the city rental station somewhere in Greenwich Village. Is there any major traffic from JFK (via Manhattan?) to Woodbury on a Saturday morning and into Manhattan in the afternoon or evening?. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of driving in NY City. I would certainly take a GPS and try to get back by daylight. I presume that the car is more flexible, can carry my bags, and I don't have to wait for the bus.
B - Take the airtrain or subway into Manhattan Saturday morning (how long does it take from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal?), get to WC by Greyline or similar and get back to NY in the afternoon or later. I would have to get from the bus terminal to the hotel by subway, and I have to carry my heavy suitcase - are there any elevators or lifts? I can only remember normal stairs...
Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurants in DC
- 2 Sedona to Vegas
- 3 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 4 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 5 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 6 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 7 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 8 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 9 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 10 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 11 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 12 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 13 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 14 Broadway show tickets
- 15 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 16 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 17 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 18 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 19 BYOB in New York City
- 20 alaska kenai peninsula places to stay for fishing.
- 21 Traveling with an infant
- 22 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 23 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 24 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 25 Yosemite Hike