I plan a short shopping visit to NY at the end of April (weekend prior to 1st of May) and I will also go to Woodbury Common. I've already been there, but my husband did the driving back then and it was on a weekday. This time I'm alone and I can only get there on Saturday.
As I arrive very late on Friday, my first hotel is directly at the airport (JFK). My second hotel is downtown Manhattan, close to the WTC site.
What do you suggest?:
A - Rent a car at the airport on Saturday Morning (how early?), drive directly to WC, shop until the afternoon or so and drive back to Manhattan, where I could leave my bags and case at the hotel (although I remember major traffic problems in the WTC area because of the building site) and then return the car at the city rental station somewhere in Greenwich Village. Is there any major traffic from JFK (via Manhattan?) to Woodbury on a Saturday morning and into Manhattan in the afternoon or evening?. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of driving in NY City. I would certainly take a GPS and try to get back by daylight. I presume that the car is more flexible, can carry my bags, and I don't have to wait for the bus.
B - Take the airtrain or subway into Manhattan Saturday morning (how long does it take from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal?), get to WC by Greyline or similar and get back to NY in the afternoon or later. I would have to get from the bus terminal to the hotel by subway, and I have to carry my heavy suitcase - are there any elevators or lifts? I can only remember normal stairs...
Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bracebridge Dinner at the Ahwahnee Hotel
- 2 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 3 East Coast Road Trip - What maps to use?
- 4 Fort Myers Area
- 5 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 6 4 Days in Mass.
- 7 Any Recent Travelers on I 80 in Iowa and Nebraska
- 8 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 9 Help with vegas to phoenix national parks roadtrip in november
- 10 Opinions: key west accommodation
- 11 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 12 Yellowstone
- 13 NYE in FLL or Miami Beach
- 14 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 15 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 16 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 17 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 18 Spokane to Glacier NP
- 19 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 20 Hawaii with older parents
- 21 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 22 Uber availability on Long Island
- 23 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 24 Drive tour Portland to San Francisco
- 25 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas