I plan a short shopping visit to NY at the end of April (weekend prior to 1st of May) and I will also go to Woodbury Common. I've already been there, but my husband did the driving back then and it was on a weekday. This time I'm alone and I can only get there on Saturday.
As I arrive very late on Friday, my first hotel is directly at the airport (JFK). My second hotel is downtown Manhattan, close to the WTC site.
What do you suggest?:
A - Rent a car at the airport on Saturday Morning (how early?), drive directly to WC, shop until the afternoon or so and drive back to Manhattan, where I could leave my bags and case at the hotel (although I remember major traffic problems in the WTC area because of the building site) and then return the car at the city rental station somewhere in Greenwich Village. Is there any major traffic from JFK (via Manhattan?) to Woodbury on a Saturday morning and into Manhattan in the afternoon or evening?. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of driving in NY City. I would certainly take a GPS and try to get back by daylight. I presume that the car is more flexible, can carry my bags, and I don't have to wait for the bus.
B - Take the airtrain or subway into Manhattan Saturday morning (how long does it take from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal?), get to WC by Greyline or similar and get back to NY in the afternoon or later. I would have to get from the bus terminal to the hotel by subway, and I have to carry my heavy suitcase - are there any elevators or lifts? I can only remember normal stairs...
Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 2 New York overnight - dinner & after choices
- 3 A Week in New York City
- 4 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 5 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 6 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 7 Inflatable kayaks--pros and cons
- 8 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 9 Taft law-enforcement admiral told reporters
- 10 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 11 Santa Cruz downtown to San Jose Airport via public transit
- 12 Yosemite Visit
- 13 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 14 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 15 Best route to Cody?
- 16 Cody, Wyoming rodeo
- 17 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 18 Florida Family vacation in California
- 19 New York City Christmas 2015
- 20 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 21 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 22 50th in Hawaii
- 23 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 24 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 25 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways