I plan a short shopping visit to NY at the end of April (weekend prior to 1st of May) and I will also go to Woodbury Common. I've already been there, but my husband did the driving back then and it was on a weekday. This time I'm alone and I can only get there on Saturday.
As I arrive very late on Friday, my first hotel is directly at the airport (JFK). My second hotel is downtown Manhattan, close to the WTC site.
What do you suggest?:
A - Rent a car at the airport on Saturday Morning (how early?), drive directly to WC, shop until the afternoon or so and drive back to Manhattan, where I could leave my bags and case at the hotel (although I remember major traffic problems in the WTC area because of the building site) and then return the car at the city rental station somewhere in Greenwich Village. Is there any major traffic from JFK (via Manhattan?) to Woodbury on a Saturday morning and into Manhattan in the afternoon or evening?. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of driving in NY City. I would certainly take a GPS and try to get back by daylight. I presume that the car is more flexible, can carry my bags, and I don't have to wait for the bus.
B - Take the airtrain or subway into Manhattan Saturday morning (how long does it take from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal?), get to WC by Greyline or similar and get back to NY in the afternoon or later. I would have to get from the bus terminal to the hotel by subway, and I have to carry my heavy suitcase - are there any elevators or lifts? I can only remember normal stairs...
Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 2 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 3 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 4 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 5 Help us choose a hotel
- 6 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 7 Staying outside DC
- 8 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 9 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 10 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 11 Ideas for New York
- 12 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 13 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 14 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 15 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 16 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 17 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 18 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 19 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 20 New York in December
- 21 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 22 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 23 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 24 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 25 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!