I plan a short shopping visit to NY at the end of April (weekend prior to 1st of May) and I will also go to Woodbury Common. I've already been there, but my husband did the driving back then and it was on a weekday. This time I'm alone and I can only get there on Saturday.
As I arrive very late on Friday, my first hotel is directly at the airport (JFK). My second hotel is downtown Manhattan, close to the WTC site.
What do you suggest?:
A - Rent a car at the airport on Saturday Morning (how early?), drive directly to WC, shop until the afternoon or so and drive back to Manhattan, where I could leave my bags and case at the hotel (although I remember major traffic problems in the WTC area because of the building site) and then return the car at the city rental station somewhere in Greenwich Village. Is there any major traffic from JFK (via Manhattan?) to Woodbury on a Saturday morning and into Manhattan in the afternoon or evening?. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of driving in NY City. I would certainly take a GPS and try to get back by daylight. I presume that the car is more flexible, can carry my bags, and I don't have to wait for the bus.
B - Take the airtrain or subway into Manhattan Saturday morning (how long does it take from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal?), get to WC by Greyline or similar and get back to NY in the afternoon or later. I would have to get from the bus terminal to the hotel by subway, and I have to carry my heavy suitcase - are there any elevators or lifts? I can only remember normal stairs...
Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!
Woodbury Common Saturdays - by car or by bus?
- 1 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 2 St. Augustine, Florida
- 3 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 4 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 5 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 6 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 Fripp island
- 9 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 10 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 11 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 12 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 13 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 14 Where should I move to?
- 15 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 16 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 17 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 18 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 19 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 20 Hotel near Public Theater
- 21 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 22 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 23 San Antonio
- 24 hotel near Met NYC
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles