I plan a short shopping visit to NY at the end of April (weekend prior to 1st of May) and I will also go to Woodbury Common. I've already been there, but my husband did the driving back then and it was on a weekday. This time I'm alone and I can only get there on Saturday.
As I arrive very late on Friday, my first hotel is directly at the airport (JFK). My second hotel is downtown Manhattan, close to the WTC site.
What do you suggest?:
A - Rent a car at the airport on Saturday Morning (how early?), drive directly to WC, shop until the afternoon or so and drive back to Manhattan, where I could leave my bags and case at the hotel (although I remember major traffic problems in the WTC area because of the building site) and then return the car at the city rental station somewhere in Greenwich Village. Is there any major traffic from JFK (via Manhattan?) to Woodbury on a Saturday morning and into Manhattan in the afternoon or evening?. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of driving in NY City. I would certainly take a GPS and try to get back by daylight. I presume that the car is more flexible, can carry my bags, and I don't have to wait for the bus.
B - Take the airtrain or subway into Manhattan Saturday morning (how long does it take from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal?), get to WC by Greyline or similar and get back to NY in the afternoon or later. I would have to get from the bus terminal to the hotel by subway, and I have to carry my heavy suitcase - are there any elevators or lifts? I can only remember normal stairs...
Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!
Woodbury Common Saturdays - by car or by bus?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York Food Tours
- 2 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 3 Florida St George's Island
- 4 Richmond highlights?
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 7 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 8 Washington DC in Spring?
- 9 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 10 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 11 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 12 Arches National Park in a day
- 13 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 16 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 17 Looking for Next Destination
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 Broadway this week
- 20 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 21 Union Square area restaurant
- 22 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 23 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 24 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 25 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014