I plan a short shopping visit to NY at the end of April (weekend prior to 1st of May) and I will also go to Woodbury Common. I've already been there, but my husband did the driving back then and it was on a weekday. This time I'm alone and I can only get there on Saturday.
As I arrive very late on Friday, my first hotel is directly at the airport (JFK). My second hotel is downtown Manhattan, close to the WTC site.
What do you suggest?:
A - Rent a car at the airport on Saturday Morning (how early?), drive directly to WC, shop until the afternoon or so and drive back to Manhattan, where I could leave my bags and case at the hotel (although I remember major traffic problems in the WTC area because of the building site) and then return the car at the city rental station somewhere in Greenwich Village. Is there any major traffic from JFK (via Manhattan?) to Woodbury on a Saturday morning and into Manhattan in the afternoon or evening?. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of driving in NY City. I would certainly take a GPS and try to get back by daylight. I presume that the car is more flexible, can carry my bags, and I don't have to wait for the bus.
B - Take the airtrain or subway into Manhattan Saturday morning (how long does it take from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal?), get to WC by Greyline or similar and get back to NY in the afternoon or later. I would have to get from the bus terminal to the hotel by subway, and I have to carry my heavy suitcase - are there any elevators or lifts? I can only remember normal stairs...
Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 2 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 3 US Trip
- 4 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 5 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 6 Maui - luau question
- 7 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)
- 8 Philly Itinerary Help
- 9 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 10 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 11 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 12 Bryce and Zion planning
- 13 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 14 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 15 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 16 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 17 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 18 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 19 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 20 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 21 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 22 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 23 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 24 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 25 Driving to NYC from Ohio