I plan a short shopping visit to NY at the end of April (weekend prior to 1st of May) and I will also go to Woodbury Common. I've already been there, but my husband did the driving back then and it was on a weekday. This time I'm alone and I can only get there on Saturday.
As I arrive very late on Friday, my first hotel is directly at the airport (JFK). My second hotel is downtown Manhattan, close to the WTC site.
What do you suggest?:
A - Rent a car at the airport on Saturday Morning (how early?), drive directly to WC, shop until the afternoon or so and drive back to Manhattan, where I could leave my bags and case at the hotel (although I remember major traffic problems in the WTC area because of the building site) and then return the car at the city rental station somewhere in Greenwich Village. Is there any major traffic from JFK (via Manhattan?) to Woodbury on a Saturday morning and into Manhattan in the afternoon or evening?. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of driving in NY City. I would certainly take a GPS and try to get back by daylight. I presume that the car is more flexible, can carry my bags, and I don't have to wait for the bus.
B - Take the airtrain or subway into Manhattan Saturday morning (how long does it take from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal?), get to WC by Greyline or similar and get back to NY in the afternoon or later. I would have to get from the bus terminal to the hotel by subway, and I have to carry my heavy suitcase - are there any elevators or lifts? I can only remember normal stairs...
Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!
Woodbury Common Saturdays - by car or by bus?
- 1 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 2 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 3 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 4 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 5 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 6 hello guys....
- 7 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 8 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 9 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 10 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 11 Albuquerque to Denver
- 12 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 13 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 14 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 15 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 16 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 17 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 18 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 19 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 20 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 21 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 22 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 23 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 24 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 25 Michigan Beaches