I plan a short shopping visit to NY at the end of April (weekend prior to 1st of May) and I will also go to Woodbury Common. I've already been there, but my husband did the driving back then and it was on a weekday. This time I'm alone and I can only get there on Saturday.
As I arrive very late on Friday, my first hotel is directly at the airport (JFK). My second hotel is downtown Manhattan, close to the WTC site.
What do you suggest?:
A - Rent a car at the airport on Saturday Morning (how early?), drive directly to WC, shop until the afternoon or so and drive back to Manhattan, where I could leave my bags and case at the hotel (although I remember major traffic problems in the WTC area because of the building site) and then return the car at the city rental station somewhere in Greenwich Village. Is there any major traffic from JFK (via Manhattan?) to Woodbury on a Saturday morning and into Manhattan in the afternoon or evening?. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of driving in NY City. I would certainly take a GPS and try to get back by daylight. I presume that the car is more flexible, can carry my bags, and I don't have to wait for the bus.
B - Take the airtrain or subway into Manhattan Saturday morning (how long does it take from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal?), get to WC by Greyline or similar and get back to NY in the afternoon or later. I would have to get from the bus terminal to the hotel by subway, and I have to carry my heavy suitcase - are there any elevators or lifts? I can only remember normal stairs...
Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 2 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 3 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 4 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 5 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 6 New Mexico in May
- 7 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 8 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 9 New Years Eve in NYC
- 10 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 11 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 12 Yellowstone
- 13 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 14 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 15 Redwoods National Park
- 16 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 17 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 18 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 19 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 20 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 21 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 22 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 23 Traveling Alone
- 24 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 25 Christmas Dinner in NYC?