I plan a short shopping visit to NY at the end of April (weekend prior to 1st of May) and I will also go to Woodbury Common. I've already been there, but my husband did the driving back then and it was on a weekday. This time I'm alone and I can only get there on Saturday.
As I arrive very late on Friday, my first hotel is directly at the airport (JFK). My second hotel is downtown Manhattan, close to the WTC site.
What do you suggest?:
A - Rent a car at the airport on Saturday Morning (how early?), drive directly to WC, shop until the afternoon or so and drive back to Manhattan, where I could leave my bags and case at the hotel (although I remember major traffic problems in the WTC area because of the building site) and then return the car at the city rental station somewhere in Greenwich Village. Is there any major traffic from JFK (via Manhattan?) to Woodbury on a Saturday morning and into Manhattan in the afternoon or evening?. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of driving in NY City. I would certainly take a GPS and try to get back by daylight. I presume that the car is more flexible, can carry my bags, and I don't have to wait for the bus.
B - Take the airtrain or subway into Manhattan Saturday morning (how long does it take from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal?), get to WC by Greyline or similar and get back to NY in the afternoon or later. I would have to get from the bus terminal to the hotel by subway, and I have to carry my heavy suitcase - are there any elevators or lifts? I can only remember normal stairs...
Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://evermaxmaleenhancements.co.uk/biogenic-xr/
- 2 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 3 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 4 Watch guardians of the galaxy vol.2 l Movie In HD Quality
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Erectimax @ http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/erectimax/
- 7 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 8 Alaska cruise
- 9 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 10 Sonoma
- 11 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 12 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 13 New Orleans
- 14 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 15 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 16 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 17 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 18 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 19 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 20 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 21 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 22 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 23 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 24 AR State Parks
- 25 California Trip