We are going for an overnight from Boston this August into Maine. We have not booked a room yet, and I am having trouble finding a place to stay. We are going up the coast on a Saturday and returning to Boston on Sunday. Last year we went to Ogunquit and stayed over. This year we would like to go farther north. Anyone have a good recommendation for a place to stay that might be a 'secret' or out of the tourist crowds that might have two rooms for a Sat night in August? Perhaps Rockport or Portsmouth? Thanks!
Where to stay north of Boston?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 2 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 3 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 4 san diego or nearby area
- 5 Clearwater FL area
- 6 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 7 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 8 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 9 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 10 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 11 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 12 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 13 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 14 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 15 Charleston, SC help
- 16 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 17 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 18 middlebury vt snow
- 19 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 20 Miami Marlins
- 21 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 22 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 23 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 24 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 25 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?