We are going for an overnight from Boston this August into Maine. We have not booked a room yet, and I am having trouble finding a place to stay. We are going up the coast on a Saturday and returning to Boston on Sunday. Last year we went to Ogunquit and stayed over. This year we would like to go farther north. Anyone have a good recommendation for a place to stay that might be a 'secret' or out of the tourist crowds that might have two rooms for a Sat night in August? Perhaps Rockport or Portsmouth? Thanks!
Where to stay north of Boston?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 moving to florida
- 2 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 3 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 4 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 5 drive from SF to crater lake
- 6 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 7 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 8 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 9 Hotel near Miami airport
- 10 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 11 Santa Barbara, California
- 12 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 13 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 14 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 15 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 16 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 17 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 18 culpepper
- 19 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 20 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 21 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 22 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 23 Pub with food in Seattle
- 24 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 25 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs