We are going for an overnight from Boston this August into Maine. We have not booked a room yet, and I am having trouble finding a place to stay. We are going up the coast on a Saturday and returning to Boston on Sunday. Last year we went to Ogunquit and stayed over. This year we would like to go farther north. Anyone have a good recommendation for a place to stay that might be a 'secret' or out of the tourist crowds that might have two rooms for a Sat night in August? Perhaps Rockport or Portsmouth? Thanks!
Where to stay north of Boston?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 2 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 3 Key West Hotel in January
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 los angeles restaurants
- 6 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 7 Tipping advice
- 8 West Maui Restaurants
- 9 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 10 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 11 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 12 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 13 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 14 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 15 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 17 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 18 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 19 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 20 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 San Diego Little Italy
- 23 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 24 Healdsburg tips
- 25 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?