I might be crazy, but I had my first baby on 6/20 and would really like to get out of Texas heat for a couple of days before I return on work on 9/12. I realize the vacation will revolve around baby, and I will be very considerate about eating meals early and leaving restaurants if she fusses. I just want to go somewhere beautiful and cooler than 110 degrees with good food and wine. In San Diego I thought La Valencia or Grande Colonial might be nice, maybe Malibu Beach Inn, or there is a Rosewood Hotel in Northern CA called CordeValle that looks remote but nice. I would be open to Tahoe as well. Any opinions on baby friendly hotels that could provide crib and still be a luxurious getaway for parents? We've been to San Ysidro Ranch and something like that would be perfect, just would prefer try somewhere new. (up to $500ish per night works). Thanks for your help!
Where to relax in late August in CA with 2 month old?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 2 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 3 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 charleston during Christmas Week
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 7 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 8 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 9 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 10 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?