Ok, the Big question: Flying back to Australia from New York in early January and want to stop off somewhere and go skiing for 7 or 8 days. We are family with 1 fifteen year old surly boy. We are all good to very good skiers. We are looking for somewhere that has: reliable snow; good village atmosphere with restaurants, bars etc; ski in/out condos we can rent; plenty of area to ski and hopefully not too far from an airport so we can get a limo service to take us there and back. All suggestions gratefully received. Have skied Sun Valley (loved it), Bozeman Montana (loved it and worked there too), Big Sky ditto. Any suggestions? We were thinking of Alta but the net reports describe it as pretty dismal night life and dismal village? All suggestions gratefully received. Thanks in advance.
Where should we ski?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 2 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 3 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 4 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 5 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 6 Berkshires in late October
- 7 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 8 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 9 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 10 Seattle: Something Different?
- 11 California road trip
- 12 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 13 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 14 ONP help
- 15 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 16 Savanah Sojourn
- 17 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 18 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 19 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 20 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 21 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 22 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 23 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 24 Seattle Hyatts
- 25 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!