Ok, the Big question: Flying back to Australia from New York in early January and want to stop off somewhere and go skiing for 7 or 8 days. We are family with 1 fifteen year old surly boy. We are all good to very good skiers. We are looking for somewhere that has: reliable snow; good village atmosphere with restaurants, bars etc; ski in/out condos we can rent; plenty of area to ski and hopefully not too far from an airport so we can get a limo service to take us there and back. All suggestions gratefully received. Have skied Sun Valley (loved it), Bozeman Montana (loved it and worked there too), Big Sky ditto. Any suggestions? We were thinking of Alta but the net reports describe it as pretty dismal night life and dismal village? All suggestions gratefully received. Thanks in advance.
Where should we ski?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 2 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 3 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 4 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 5 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 6 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 7 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 8 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 9 Cape Cod trip report
- 10 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 11 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 12 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 13 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 14 Road Trip SW
- 15 Seafood
- 16 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 17 moving to florida
- 18 2 weeks in Alaska
- 19 San Diego farmer's markets
- 20 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 21 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 22 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 23 Connecticut River Byway
- 24 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 25 Boston