I know ultimately, it's up to me, but I want some insight from people in other states! I was born in upstate New York and when I was relatively young moved to the Chicago suburbs. I've been there for the past 17 years. I know I want to move somewhere totally different while I finish my last two years of school...that means if I hate it I can move back to Illinois or move back to New York once I get my degree. I do fancy NY quite a bit and I suppose that's still an option too, but where do you live/go to school and do you think I'd like it there? I have an Australian Cattle Dog and we do a lot of running/hiking together and we love the outdoors. I have ALWAYS experienced winter and that doesn't deter me...I actually really like feeling the sharpness of the crisp, cold winter air on my face during a hike or jog. However, I am looking for something totally different than Buffalo and/or Chicago. I suppose I am really open to anything! However, I recently visited near Amarillo, TX though...and I can already tell Texas isn't quite the place for me. Anyway, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Oh, BTW, I was late to begin school and I will be 24 when I go away to school/move.
Where should I move to?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go in Maine?
- 2 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 3 Kennebunkport and....?
- 4 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 5 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 6 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 7 WISCONSIN
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 Jersey City Parking
- 10 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 11 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 12 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 13 Travel West Coast
- 14 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 15 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 16 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 17 Colorado in the summer!
- 18 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 19 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 20 New York City Restaurants
- 21 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 22 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 23 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 24 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 25 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents