Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 bechua AOL MAIL : Te^ch SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL 24*7
- 2 How much cash do you travel with?
- 3 Food Festival Tour
- 4 Portland,Oregon- hotels and good food
- 5 Boston area hotels
- 6 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 7 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 8 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 9 Living in Tampa /West Palm
- 10 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 11 ALASKA TWO WEEK TRIP Cruise/Land
- 12 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 13 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 14 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 15 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 16 Seattle weather: not a troll
- 17 seattle apartment
- 18 Universal Studios vacation
- 19 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 20 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 21 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 22 Rules of the NY Subway
- 23 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 24 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 25 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
Hi Fodors Forum: