Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
West Virginia with Kids
Hi Fodors Forum:
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Use of an iPad in France
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 4 New York City Restaurants
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 7 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 8 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 9 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 10 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 11 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 12 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 13 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 14 Boston/Fenway park
- 15 California self drive trip
- 16 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 17 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 20 10 day trip to California
- 21 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 22 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 23 Drive along the Columbia River
- 24 Wine Country Picnic
- 25 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu