Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
West Virginia with Kids
Hi Fodors Forum:
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 3 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 4 Seattle Hyatts
- 5 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 6 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 7 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 8 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 9 California road trip
- 10 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 11 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 12 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 13 San Diego - wher to stay
- 14 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 15 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 16 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 17 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 18 Berkshires in late October
- 19 2 day in Adirondack park
- 20 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 21 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 22 NYC Clubs for live music
- 23 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 24 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 25 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL