Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 2 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 3 New York City never gets Old! A long "Christmasy" weekend.
- 4 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 5 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 6 Help with first time
- 7 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 8 Discounted Rental Car?
- 9 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 10 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 11 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 12 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 13 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 14 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 15 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 16 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 17 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 18 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 19 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 20 BYOB in New York City
- 21 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 22 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 23 Inexpensive family getaways
- 24 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 25 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
Hi Fodors Forum: