Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is Myrtle Beach, SC a good option for new years weekend?
- 2 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 3 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 4 Special Rate for LGA
- 5 Itinerary help please - Monterey & Sonoma
- 6 Jazzfest side trips
- 7 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 8 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 9 Miami
- 10 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 11 Back from the Big Easy
- 12 Driving Alaska
- 13 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 14 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 15 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 16 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 17 March in New Mexico
- 18 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 19 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 20 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 21 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 22 Border crossing
- 23 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 24 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 25 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
Hi Fodors Forum: