Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Miami airport--safety??
- 2 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 3 Zurich airport connections
- 4 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 5 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 6 Cleveland West Side Market
- 7 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 8 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 9 Eastern Seaboard
- 10 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 11 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 12 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 13 Recent Spam Attacks
- 14 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 15 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 16 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 17 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 18 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 19 US whole month of January where to
- 20 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 21 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 22 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 23 Kauai-Planning ahead
- 24 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 25 Maui - luau question
Hi Fodors Forum: