Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
West Virginia with Kids
Hi Fodors Forum:
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 2 Calf trip
- 3 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 6 West Maui Restaurants
- 7 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 8 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 9 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 10 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 11 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 12 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 13 Key West Hotel in January
- 14 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 15 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 19 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 20 4 week family trip ideas
- 21 x mas
- 22 Trip to Niagara Falls
- 23 Florida in between stop 2 days after Key Largo towards St.pete
- 24 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 25 Restaurant in NYC advice