Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 2 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 3 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 4 Bed and Breakfast
- 5 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!
- 6 New England Winter get away with older kids
- 7 New Years Eve in NYC
- 8 Route from South Rim Grand Canyon to Moab?
- 9 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 10 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 11 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 12 Looking for a Bed and breakfast
- 13 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 14 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 15 Lake Tahoe Honeymoon
- 16 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 17 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 18 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 19 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 20 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 21 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 22 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 23 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 24 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 25 Polynesian Cultural Centre
Hi Fodors Forum: