Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
West Virginia with Kids
Hi Fodors Forum:
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 2 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 3 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 4 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 5 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 6 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 7 New England Skiing
- 8 advice please.. family of 8 trip to california in august
- 9 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 10 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 11 Fall color yet?
- 12 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 13 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 14 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 15 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 16 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 17 Charleston, SC transportation to HD from Airport
- 18 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 19 Colorado aspen updates
- 20 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 21 Looking for Next Destination
- 22 Yosemite Lodging
- 23 Worst Restaurants in America
- 24 Lesser seen places in DC?
- 25 Take the T or cab from Logan