Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
West Virginia with Kids
Hi Fodors Forum:
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 4 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 7 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 8 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 9 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 10 Oahu ideas
- 11 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 12 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 13 Best places to move to Florida?
- 14 West Coast Bound End of March
- 15 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 16 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 17 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 18 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 19 Key Largo, FL
- 20 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 21 Death Valley in June
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 24 San Diego grocery stores
- 25 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions