Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Fe Itineray
- 2 Big Sure in June
- 3 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 4 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 5 best health clubs with lap pools
- 6 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 7 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 8 Retiring to Tucson
- 9 universal studios and disney
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 12 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 13 Arches Devils Garden
- 14 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 15 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 16 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 17 Savannah hotel
- 18 Utah National Parks visit
- 19 marriot cypress harbour
- 20 Hotel in Reno
- 21 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 22 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 23 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 24 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 25 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
Hi Fodors Forum: