Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
West Virginia with Kids
Hi Fodors Forum:
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 trains in Europe
- 3 USA trip
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 6 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 7 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 8 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 9 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 10 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 11 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 12 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 13 Washington DC in Spring?
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 16 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 17 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 18 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 19 NBA tickets??
- 20 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 21 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 22 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 23 Alaskan coast travel options
- 24 Timeshare Nightmares
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report