Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 a tourist in DC this February
- 2 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 3 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 4 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 5 Springtime in Florida
- 6 Kings and Sequoia.
- 7 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 8 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 9 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 10 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 11 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 12 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 13 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 14 Camping in New England foliage Oct 8-19
- 15 USA October 2016
- 16 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 17 Redwood National Forest
- 18 Asheville+Charleston+Savannah
- 19 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 20 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 21 Uber and Miami
- 22 Renting a car in miami, fl
- 23 Help formulate itinerary for Florida keys
- 24 BRAVOFLY - SCAM
- 25 Austin and ?, Texas Family Spring Break 2015 - Trying again
Hi Fodors Forum: