Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 2 Texas info
- 3 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 4 Airbnb seattle
- 5 Leisurely Car Trip from Atlanta to Sacramento?
- 6 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 7 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 8 Disneyland, Yosemite and San Fransisco
- 9 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota Trip Report
- 10 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 11 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 12 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 13 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 14 inspire me after landing in Miami
- 15 Dallas airport to bush library
- 16 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 17 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 18 los angeles to redwood national park overnight stop
- 19 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 20 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 21 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 22 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 23 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 24 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 25 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
Hi Fodors Forum: