Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
West Virginia with Kids
Hi Fodors Forum:
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel West Coast
- 2 Rafting near Denali
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 5 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 6 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 7 Where to go in Maine?
- 8 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 9 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 10 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 11 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 12 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 13 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 14 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 Kennebunkport and....?
- 17 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 18 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 19 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 Jersey City Parking
- 22 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 23 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 24 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH