Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 2 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 3 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 4 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 5 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 6 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 7 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 8 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 9 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 10 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 11 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 12 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 13 road trip
- 14 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 15 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 16 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 17 Florida in October
- 18 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 19 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 20 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 21 FLL to Key West
- 22 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 23 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 24 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 25 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
Hi Fodors Forum: