Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
West Virginia with Kids
Hi Fodors Forum:
- 1 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 2 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 3 Luxor Egypt
- 4 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 5 stay near newark or nyc
- 6 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 7 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 8 Southwest Florida Destination Wedding Help needed
- 9 Road Trip through the Florida Keys
- 10 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 11 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 12 New York City Parking
- 13 Whislter or Rocky Mountain?
- 14 New York (from JFK to Tarrytown)
- 15 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 16 Brandywine Valley for one or 2 nights - museum suggestions please
- 17 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 18 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 19 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 20 Airport luggage tamparing
- 21 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 22 Newport, RI Questions
- 23 Rehoboth to Wilmington to Cape May - scenic route suggestions please
- 24 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 25 Maine - July 5th to July 14