Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 2 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 3 Short Notice
- 4 Inn at Key West
- 5 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 6 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 7 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 8 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 9 Black History Museum
- 10 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 11 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 12 Another Great DC Trip
- 13 Chicago 2017
- 14 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 15 arizona rte 66
- 16 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 17 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
- 18 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 19 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 20 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 21 usa roadtrip
- 22 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 23 Where to live in the North East
- 24 Hawaii and...where?
- 25 Short Oregon Trip
Hi Fodors Forum: