Hi Fodors Forum:
My wife and I are planning a family vacation to West Virginia in early September, and have two sons (3 yr old, 1 yr old).
We have heard that the Cass Scenic Railroad is a must-see for the kids, and would like to try an easy hike in the Seneca Rocks area. The other possible destination would be the Timberline Resort in Davis, WV to see Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Park.
Does 1 night in Cass and 2 nights in Davis provide enough time for a visit? Are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus and supermarkets you would recommend in Cass, Davis, or Thomas?
Thanks for your help! I know that Fodors does not produce a travel book for WV, but maybe this thread will spark interest in a future edition.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 $$@$ 18008416436
- 2 Vacation Apartment Rentals
- 3 Birthday vacation ideas
- 4 Colorado Hiking in September
- 5 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 6 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 7 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 8 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 9 Traveling with an infant
- 10 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 11 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 12 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 13 Key West, FL
- 14 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 15 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 16 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 17 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 18 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 19 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 20 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 21 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 22 driving RT 66
- 23 From Newark to Manhattan
- 24 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 25 Relocating to Washington DC
Hi Fodors Forum: