Hello fellow fodorites. We're back at the Jane hotel, where, as you may remember, the survivors of the titanic stayed for a while. The Jane looks like the steerage quarters for the titanic, narrow hallways, shared bath, small cabins, and bunkbeds. DW says its not for everyone. But we're having a good time. We drove. Parked near Jane Street, not too far from the start of the HighLine. DS#2 has his own room. Very cheap (I think $150 for both rooms). We may have to buy a snow shovel to get out of our parking space on Sunday when DS leaves for school and we drive back to dc. DW is checking out a restaurant list suggested by fodorites on previous visits and I'm resting quietly, thinking about survivors. Tomorrow, Barney Greengrass for breakfast. Orange juice is very good in NYC.
We're back in NYC for the storm of the century.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 2 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 3 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 4 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 5 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 6 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 7 Miami Marlins
- 8 Florida or caribbean
- 9 Cross Country RV Trip
- 10 California
- 11 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 12 Northern California in February
- 13 New England September
- 14 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 15 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 16 Adventure Seeker/Artist in Seattle
- 17 Ackislander
- 18 Universal Orlando
- 19 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 20 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 21 Roadtrip in the deep south in August?
- 22 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 23 Portsmouth NH without a car
- 24 East Coast Summer Vacation Destination
- 25 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip