Hello fellow fodorites. We're back at the Jane hotel, where, as you may remember, the survivors of the titanic stayed for a while. The Jane looks like the steerage quarters for the titanic, narrow hallways, shared bath, small cabins, and bunkbeds. DW says its not for everyone. But we're having a good time. We drove. Parked near Jane Street, not too far from the start of the HighLine. DS#2 has his own room. Very cheap (I think $150 for both rooms). We may have to buy a snow shovel to get out of our parking space on Sunday when DS leaves for school and we drive back to dc. DW is checking out a restaurant list suggested by fodorites on previous visits and I'm resting quietly, thinking about survivors. Tomorrow, Barney Greengrass for breakfast. Orange juice is very good in NYC.
We're back in NYC for the storm of the century.
- 1 Boston Area College Tour
- 2 Red Leather Sofa
- 3 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 4 Door County
- 5 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 6 Help with NYC transit
- 7 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 8 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 9 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 10 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 11 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 12 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 13 build a nice website
- 14 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 15 Albuquerque to Denver
- 16 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 17 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 18 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 19 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 20 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 21 Using public transit in San Diego
- 22 Williamsburg VA
- 23 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 24 A Visit to Charleston
- 25 Restos in Boca Raton