Hello fellow fodorites. We're back at the Jane hotel, where, as you may remember, the survivors of the titanic stayed for a while. The Jane looks like the steerage quarters for the titanic, narrow hallways, shared bath, small cabins, and bunkbeds. DW says its not for everyone. But we're having a good time. We drove. Parked near Jane Street, not too far from the start of the HighLine. DS#2 has his own room. Very cheap (I think $150 for both rooms). We may have to buy a snow shovel to get out of our parking space on Sunday when DS leaves for school and we drive back to dc. DW is checking out a restaurant list suggested by fodorites on previous visits and I'm resting quietly, thinking about survivors. Tomorrow, Barney Greengrass for breakfast. Orange juice is very good in NYC.
We're back in NYC for the storm of the century.
- 1 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 2 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 3 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 4 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 5 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 6 Using public transit in San Diego
- 7 Washington Wineries
- 8 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 9 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 10 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 11 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 12 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 13 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 14 Suggestions for NYC trip next week
- 15 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 16 Memphis Tours
- 17 Please critique our plan...
- 18 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 19 Gearhart Oregon
- 20 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 21 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 22 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 23 California, Northern
- 24 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 25 Best place to raise a family in Florida