Hello fellow fodorites. We're back at the Jane hotel, where, as you may remember, the survivors of the titanic stayed for a while. The Jane looks like the steerage quarters for the titanic, narrow hallways, shared bath, small cabins, and bunkbeds. DW says its not for everyone. But we're having a good time. We drove. Parked near Jane Street, not too far from the start of the HighLine. DS#2 has his own room. Very cheap (I think $150 for both rooms). We may have to buy a snow shovel to get out of our parking space on Sunday when DS leaves for school and we drive back to dc. DW is checking out a restaurant list suggested by fodorites on previous visits and I'm resting quietly, thinking about survivors. Tomorrow, Barney Greengrass for breakfast. Orange juice is very good in NYC.
We're back in NYC for the storm of the century.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 2 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 3 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 4 Oregon Road Trip
- 5 Colorado aspen updates
- 6 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 7 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 8 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 9 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 10 Worst Restaurants in America
- 11 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 12 4 week family trip ideas
- 13 Newport Restaurants
- 14 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 15 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 16 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 17 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 18 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 19 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 20 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 21 Question About Sealodge
- 22 Broadway choices
- 23 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 24 Fairbanks Alaska
- 25 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?