Hello fellow fodorites. We're back at the Jane hotel, where, as you may remember, the survivors of the titanic stayed for a while. The Jane looks like the steerage quarters for the titanic, narrow hallways, shared bath, small cabins, and bunkbeds. DW says its not for everyone. But we're having a good time. We drove. Parked near Jane Street, not too far from the start of the HighLine. DS#2 has his own room. Very cheap (I think $150 for both rooms). We may have to buy a snow shovel to get out of our parking space on Sunday when DS leaves for school and we drive back to dc. DW is checking out a restaurant list suggested by fodorites on previous visits and I'm resting quietly, thinking about survivors. Tomorrow, Barney Greengrass for breakfast. Orange juice is very good in NYC.
We're back in NYC for the storm of the century.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 3 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 4 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 5 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 6 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 7 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 8 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 9 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 10 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 11 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 12 San Diego Little Italy
- 13 Key West Hotel in January
- 14 Healdsburg tips
- 15 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 16 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 17 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 18 los angeles restaurants
- 19 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 20 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 21 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 22 Calf trip
- 23 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 24 West Maui Restaurants
- 25 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help