Hello fellow fodorites. We're back at the Jane hotel, where, as you may remember, the survivors of the titanic stayed for a while. The Jane looks like the steerage quarters for the titanic, narrow hallways, shared bath, small cabins, and bunkbeds. DW says its not for everyone. But we're having a good time. We drove. Parked near Jane Street, not too far from the start of the HighLine. DS#2 has his own room. Very cheap (I think $150 for both rooms). We may have to buy a snow shovel to get out of our parking space on Sunday when DS leaves for school and we drive back to dc. DW is checking out a restaurant list suggested by fodorites on previous visits and I'm resting quietly, thinking about survivors. Tomorrow, Barney Greengrass for breakfast. Orange juice is very good in NYC.
We're back in NYC for the storm of the century.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Backpacking in April
- 2 Four days in DC
- 3 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Circle Oahu / luau
- 6 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 7 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 8 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 9 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 10 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 11 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 12 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 replica designer handbags
- 15 First family ski trip
- 16 San Diego parks and attractions
- 17 Cape Cod in early April
- 18 USA with a 3 year old
- 19 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 20 united and carry-ons
- 21 Portland Maine Hotels
- 22 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 23 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 24 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 25 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool