Hello fellow fodorites. We're back at the Jane hotel, where, as you may remember, the survivors of the titanic stayed for a while. The Jane looks like the steerage quarters for the titanic, narrow hallways, shared bath, small cabins, and bunkbeds. DW says its not for everyone. But we're having a good time. We drove. Parked near Jane Street, not too far from the start of the HighLine. DS#2 has his own room. Very cheap (I think $150 for both rooms). We may have to buy a snow shovel to get out of our parking space on Sunday when DS leaves for school and we drive back to dc. DW is checking out a restaurant list suggested by fodorites on previous visits and I'm resting quietly, thinking about survivors. Tomorrow, Barney Greengrass for breakfast. Orange juice is very good in NYC.
We're back in NYC for the storm of the century.
View all United States activity »
- 1 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 2 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 3 Fripp island
- 4 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 5 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 6 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 7 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 8 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 9 Where should I move to?
- 10 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 11 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 12 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 13 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 14 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013