Hello fellow fodorites. We're back at the Jane hotel, where, as you may remember, the survivors of the titanic stayed for a while. The Jane looks like the steerage quarters for the titanic, narrow hallways, shared bath, small cabins, and bunkbeds. DW says its not for everyone. But we're having a good time. We drove. Parked near Jane Street, not too far from the start of the HighLine. DS#2 has his own room. Very cheap (I think $150 for both rooms). We may have to buy a snow shovel to get out of our parking space on Sunday when DS leaves for school and we drive back to dc. DW is checking out a restaurant list suggested by fodorites on previous visits and I'm resting quietly, thinking about survivors. Tomorrow, Barney Greengrass for breakfast. Orange juice is very good in NYC.
We're back in NYC for the storm of the century.
View all United States activity »
- 1 Travelling for Australia
- 2 Warm and don't Drive
- 3 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 4 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 5 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 6 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 7 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 8 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 9 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 10 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 11 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 12 RIP Judy Rogers
- 13 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 14 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 15 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 16 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 17 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 18 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 19 hotel near Met NYC
- 20 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 21 Princeville in January
- 22 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 23 pa to az
- 24 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 25 Savanah Sojourn