Hello fellow fodorites. We're back at the Jane hotel, where, as you may remember, the survivors of the titanic stayed for a while. The Jane looks like the steerage quarters for the titanic, narrow hallways, shared bath, small cabins, and bunkbeds. DW says its not for everyone. But we're having a good time. We drove. Parked near Jane Street, not too far from the start of the HighLine. DS#2 has his own room. Very cheap (I think $150 for both rooms). We may have to buy a snow shovel to get out of our parking space on Sunday when DS leaves for school and we drive back to dc. DW is checking out a restaurant list suggested by fodorites on previous visits and I'm resting quietly, thinking about survivors. Tomorrow, Barney Greengrass for breakfast. Orange juice is very good in NYC.
We're back in NYC for the storm of the century.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Refining my California Itinerary
- 2 Getaway
- 3 Restaurants near Mendocino area
- 4 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 5 What's new on Maui?
- 6 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 7 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 8 Oregon Road Trip
- 9 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 10 Colorado aspen updates
- 11 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 12 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 13 Hwy 12 Bryce Canyon to Arches/ Moab in 1 Day w/ Kids help?
- 14 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 15 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 16 Christmas in TX
- 17 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 18 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 19 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 20 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 21 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 22 Tucson area flooding
- 23 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 24 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 25 Moving to New Jersey