Hello fellow fodorites. We're back at the Jane hotel, where, as you may remember, the survivors of the titanic stayed for a while. The Jane looks like the steerage quarters for the titanic, narrow hallways, shared bath, small cabins, and bunkbeds. DW says its not for everyone. But we're having a good time. We drove. Parked near Jane Street, not too far from the start of the HighLine. DS#2 has his own room. Very cheap (I think $150 for both rooms). We may have to buy a snow shovel to get out of our parking space on Sunday when DS leaves for school and we drive back to dc. DW is checking out a restaurant list suggested by fodorites on previous visits and I'm resting quietly, thinking about survivors. Tomorrow, Barney Greengrass for breakfast. Orange juice is very good in NYC.
We're back in NYC for the storm of the century.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 2 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 3 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 4 USA trip
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 7 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 8 trains in Europe
- 9 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 10 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 11 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 12 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 13 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 14 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 15 Washington DC in Spring?
- 16 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 17 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 18 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 19 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 20 NBA tickets??
- 21 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 22 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 23 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 24 Alaskan coast travel options
- 25 Timeshare Nightmares