Hello fellow fodorites. We're back at the Jane hotel, where, as you may remember, the survivors of the titanic stayed for a while. The Jane looks like the steerage quarters for the titanic, narrow hallways, shared bath, small cabins, and bunkbeds. DW says its not for everyone. But we're having a good time. We drove. Parked near Jane Street, not too far from the start of the HighLine. DS#2 has his own room. Very cheap (I think $150 for both rooms). We may have to buy a snow shovel to get out of our parking space on Sunday when DS leaves for school and we drive back to dc. DW is checking out a restaurant list suggested by fodorites on previous visits and I'm resting quietly, thinking about survivors. Tomorrow, Barney Greengrass for breakfast. Orange juice is very good in NYC.
We're back in NYC for the storm of the century.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC theatre broadway
- 2 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 3 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 A day in Dallas
- 6 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 7 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 8 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 9 Door County Suggestions
- 10 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 11 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 12 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 13 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 14 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 18 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 19 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 20 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 21 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 22 San Diego parks and attractions
- 23 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 24 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 25 Other places like Chautauqua Institution