We have 28 people in our group, 23 students and 5 chaperones. We will arrive in DC late in the evening on March 14, 2014. We have already purchased plane tickets, metro passes, and hotel rooms. We will have through the 19th for touring, 5 full days. I have already contacted our congressman for the Capitol tour but have not heard back from them (do they really send a response by mail instead of email??) This is a list of things we would like to do. These are not set in stone and we do not have to do all of them but wanted to make sure we got as much out of this trip as we could.
Library of Congress
National Gallery of Art
White House (are there any tours?)
Annapolis (if feasible)
Possibly the zoo, botanical gardens, and the mint
Possible itineraries would be appreciated and any other educational places that you think a mature group of teenagers would enjoy. Any tips for our group size and any recommendations for economical dinners would also be appreciated. Breakfasts are included and we plan to bag lunch when we are able. Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 2 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 3 Airfares in the 1970's
- 4 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 5 Relocating to the Deep South
- 6 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 7 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 8 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 9 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 10 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 11 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 12 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 13 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 14 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 15 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 16 Seattle to San Francisco
- 17 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 18 San Francisco and Napa
- 19 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 20 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 21 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 22 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 23 Budget NYC hotel
- 24 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 25 Timeshare on Cape Cod