We have 28 people in our group, 23 students and 5 chaperones. We will arrive in DC late in the evening on March 14, 2014. We have already purchased plane tickets, metro passes, and hotel rooms. We will have through the 19th for touring, 5 full days. I have already contacted our congressman for the Capitol tour but have not heard back from them (do they really send a response by mail instead of email??) This is a list of things we would like to do. These are not set in stone and we do not have to do all of them but wanted to make sure we got as much out of this trip as we could.
Library of Congress
National Gallery of Art
White House (are there any tours?)
Annapolis (if feasible)
Possibly the zoo, botanical gardens, and the mint
Possible itineraries would be appreciated and any other educational places that you think a mature group of teenagers would enjoy. Any tips for our group size and any recommendations for economical dinners would also be appreciated. Breakfasts are included and we plan to bag lunch when we are able. Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 2 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 3 Miami for 2 days
- 4 More problems for Big Sur
- 5 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 6 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 7 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 8 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 9 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 10 Las Vegas trip report
- 11 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 12 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 13 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 14 sugestions
- 15 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 16 Boston area hotels
- 17 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 18 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 19 Santa Fe Itineray
- 20 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 21 Quick road trip
- 22 What to request?
- 23 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 24 How much cash do you travel with?
- 25 Outlet Mall in New Orleans