We have 28 people in our group, 23 students and 5 chaperones. We will arrive in DC late in the evening on March 14, 2014. We have already purchased plane tickets, metro passes, and hotel rooms. We will have through the 19th for touring, 5 full days. I have already contacted our congressman for the Capitol tour but have not heard back from them (do they really send a response by mail instead of email??) This is a list of things we would like to do. These are not set in stone and we do not have to do all of them but wanted to make sure we got as much out of this trip as we could.
Library of Congress
National Gallery of Art
White House (are there any tours?)
Annapolis (if feasible)
Possibly the zoo, botanical gardens, and the mint
Possible itineraries would be appreciated and any other educational places that you think a mature group of teenagers would enjoy. Any tips for our group size and any recommendations for economical dinners would also be appreciated. Breakfasts are included and we plan to bag lunch when we are able. Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 2 Advice on tipping
- 3 United Nations tours
- 4 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 5 Amish
- 6 national/state park in November
- 7 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 8 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 9 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 10 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 11 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 12 Hilton Head restaurants
- 13 Cayo Costa State Park
- 14 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 15 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 16 Cross Country NH to WA
- 17 Road trip October
- 18 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 19 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 20 Road Trip
- 21 2 months in Hawaii!
- 22 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 23 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 24 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 25 San Fransisco hotel