We have 28 people in our group, 23 students and 5 chaperones. We will arrive in DC late in the evening on March 14, 2014. We have already purchased plane tickets, metro passes, and hotel rooms. We will have through the 19th for touring, 5 full days. I have already contacted our congressman for the Capitol tour but have not heard back from them (do they really send a response by mail instead of email??) This is a list of things we would like to do. These are not set in stone and we do not have to do all of them but wanted to make sure we got as much out of this trip as we could.
Library of Congress
National Gallery of Art
White House (are there any tours?)
Annapolis (if feasible)
Possibly the zoo, botanical gardens, and the mint
Possible itineraries would be appreciated and any other educational places that you think a mature group of teenagers would enjoy. Any tips for our group size and any recommendations for economical dinners would also be appreciated. Breakfasts are included and we plan to bag lunch when we are able. Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 2 New York in December
- 3 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 4 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 5 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 6 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 7 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 8 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 9 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 10 Ideas for New York
- 11 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 12 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 13 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 14 Staying outside DC
- 15 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 16 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 17 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 18 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 19 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 20 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 21 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 22 Road trip
- 23 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 24 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 25 Getting married to a French man