We have 28 people in our group, 23 students and 5 chaperones. We will arrive in DC late in the evening on March 14, 2014. We have already purchased plane tickets, metro passes, and hotel rooms. We will have through the 19th for touring, 5 full days. I have already contacted our congressman for the Capitol tour but have not heard back from them (do they really send a response by mail instead of email??) This is a list of things we would like to do. These are not set in stone and we do not have to do all of them but wanted to make sure we got as much out of this trip as we could.
Library of Congress
National Gallery of Art
White House (are there any tours?)
Annapolis (if feasible)
Possibly the zoo, botanical gardens, and the mint
Possible itineraries would be appreciated and any other educational places that you think a mature group of teenagers would enjoy. Any tips for our group size and any recommendations for economical dinners would also be appreciated. Breakfasts are included and we plan to bag lunch when we are able. Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Adirondacks trip repot
- 2 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 3 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 4 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 5 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 6 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 7 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 8 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 9 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 10 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 11 Venice, CA area
- 12 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 13 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 14 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 15 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 16 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 17 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 18 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 19 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 20 Rhode Island Get Away
- 21 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 22 Vancouver to Washington State
- 23 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 24 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 25 Glacier National Park 2018