We have 28 people in our group, 23 students and 5 chaperones. We will arrive in DC late in the evening on March 14, 2014. We have already purchased plane tickets, metro passes, and hotel rooms. We will have through the 19th for touring, 5 full days. I have already contacted our congressman for the Capitol tour but have not heard back from them (do they really send a response by mail instead of email??) This is a list of things we would like to do. These are not set in stone and we do not have to do all of them but wanted to make sure we got as much out of this trip as we could.
Library of Congress
National Gallery of Art
White House (are there any tours?)
Annapolis (if feasible)
Possibly the zoo, botanical gardens, and the mint
Possible itineraries would be appreciated and any other educational places that you think a mature group of teenagers would enjoy. Any tips for our group size and any recommendations for economical dinners would also be appreciated. Breakfasts are included and we plan to bag lunch when we are able. Thanks in advance for your help!
Washington DC trip for AP US History Class
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 2 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 3 Drive along the Columbia River
- 4 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 5 Wine Country Picnic
- 6 10 day trip to California
- 7 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 8 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 9 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 10 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 11 Boston/Fenway park
- 12 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 13 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 14 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 15 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 16 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 17 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 18 Where to go in Maine?
- 19 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 20 Timeshare Nightmares
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 23 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 24 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 25 Sacramento GTG