We have 28 people in our group, 23 students and 5 chaperones. We will arrive in DC late in the evening on March 14, 2014. We have already purchased plane tickets, metro passes, and hotel rooms. We will have through the 19th for touring, 5 full days. I have already contacted our congressman for the Capitol tour but have not heard back from them (do they really send a response by mail instead of email??) This is a list of things we would like to do. These are not set in stone and we do not have to do all of them but wanted to make sure we got as much out of this trip as we could.
Library of Congress
National Gallery of Art
White House (are there any tours?)
Annapolis (if feasible)
Possibly the zoo, botanical gardens, and the mint
Possible itineraries would be appreciated and any other educational places that you think a mature group of teenagers would enjoy. Any tips for our group size and any recommendations for economical dinners would also be appreciated. Breakfasts are included and we plan to bag lunch when we are able. Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas at Grand Canyon
- 2 Nashville restaurants
- 3 Western US Road Trip- PeakBagging
- 4 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 5 Is Silverwood Amusement park worth a visit?
- 6 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 7 NYC - 10-day visit!!!
- 8 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 9 Driving northern AL to central FL
- 10 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 11 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 12 MO road trip itinerary
- 13 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 14 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 15 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 16 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 17 Birthday vacation ideas
- 18 San Francisco to Costa Mesa
- 19 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 20 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 21 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 22 philly to fredericksburg sat of memorial day wknd - bad idea?
- 23 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 24 Scenic / Walking Day Trip from Las Vegas
- 25 Thanksgiving Road trip California