We have 28 people in our group, 23 students and 5 chaperones. We will arrive in DC late in the evening on March 14, 2014. We have already purchased plane tickets, metro passes, and hotel rooms. We will have through the 19th for touring, 5 full days. I have already contacted our congressman for the Capitol tour but have not heard back from them (do they really send a response by mail instead of email??) This is a list of things we would like to do. These are not set in stone and we do not have to do all of them but wanted to make sure we got as much out of this trip as we could.
Library of Congress
National Gallery of Art
White House (are there any tours?)
Annapolis (if feasible)
Possibly the zoo, botanical gardens, and the mint
Possible itineraries would be appreciated and any other educational places that you think a mature group of teenagers would enjoy. Any tips for our group size and any recommendations for economical dinners would also be appreciated. Breakfasts are included and we plan to bag lunch when we are able. Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 2 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 3 White Christmas
- 4 Midway point
- 5 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 6 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 7 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 8 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 9 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 10 New York City
- 11 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 12 Relocating to the Deep South
- 13 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 14 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 15 Arlington funeral plans
- 16 destin resorts
- 17 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 18 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 19 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 20 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 21 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 22 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 23 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 24 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 25 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip