We have 28 people in our group, 23 students and 5 chaperones. We will arrive in DC late in the evening on March 14, 2014. We have already purchased plane tickets, metro passes, and hotel rooms. We will have through the 19th for touring, 5 full days. I have already contacted our congressman for the Capitol tour but have not heard back from them (do they really send a response by mail instead of email??) This is a list of things we would like to do. These are not set in stone and we do not have to do all of them but wanted to make sure we got as much out of this trip as we could.
Library of Congress
National Gallery of Art
White House (are there any tours?)
Annapolis (if feasible)
Possibly the zoo, botanical gardens, and the mint
Possible itineraries would be appreciated and any other educational places that you think a mature group of teenagers would enjoy. Any tips for our group size and any recommendations for economical dinners would also be appreciated. Breakfasts are included and we plan to bag lunch when we are able. Thanks in advance for your help!
Washington DC trip for AP US History Class
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 2 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 3 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 4 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 5 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 9 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 10 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 11 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 12 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 13 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 14 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 15 USA with a 3 year old
- 16 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Universal studios/Orlando
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 21 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 22 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 23 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip