We have 28 people in our group, 23 students and 5 chaperones. We will arrive in DC late in the evening on March 14, 2014. We have already purchased plane tickets, metro passes, and hotel rooms. We will have through the 19th for touring, 5 full days. I have already contacted our congressman for the Capitol tour but have not heard back from them (do they really send a response by mail instead of email??) This is a list of things we would like to do. These are not set in stone and we do not have to do all of them but wanted to make sure we got as much out of this trip as we could.
Library of Congress
National Gallery of Art
White House (are there any tours?)
Annapolis (if feasible)
Possibly the zoo, botanical gardens, and the mint
Possible itineraries would be appreciated and any other educational places that you think a mature group of teenagers would enjoy. Any tips for our group size and any recommendations for economical dinners would also be appreciated. Breakfasts are included and we plan to bag lunch when we are able. Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 trip to Acadia National Park
- 2 Visa, Greencard advice
- 3 Charleston/Savannah help needed
- 4 Anyone received an email confirming a change in reservation...
- 5 Maui and the Big Island - Activities for each island
- 6 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 7 3 days in Houston area ?????
- 8 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 9 march anniversary trip
- 10 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 11 Wildlife viewing in the US South West
- 12 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 13 cruise to Alaska including Denali
- 14 NYC Fringe Festival Aug 14-20, 2015
- 15 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 16 September southwest utah
- 17 Advice on San Francisco itinerary please!
- 18 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 19 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 20 San Diego
- 21 Connecting at MSP
- 22 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 23 Driving trip Chicago to San Francisco
- 24 Good base for exploring Sonoma Valley?
- 25 Centra Coast Wildlife