My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Beaches in Florida
- 2 Disney for Florida residents
- 3 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 4 40th in Key West
- 5 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 6 First Trip to Texas -
- 7 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 8 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 9 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 10 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 11 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 12 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 13 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 14 What to do in San Diego
- 15 Our Boston Getaway
- 16 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 17 Accomodation in NYC under USD150/
- 18 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 19 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 20 Another great trip to 4 Corners area
- 21 What to do in New York?
- 22 When do school start again in August?
- 23 Havasu Falls/Grand Canyon Hike
- 24 Yosemite
- 25 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?