My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston Santa Speedo Run?
- 2 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 3 drive from sfo to glen ellen
- 4 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 5 San Francisco - need restaurant & tourist tips
- 6 South Carolina
- 7 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 8 trip to Acadia National Park
- 9 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 10 Austin with Kids
- 11 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 12 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 13 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 14 Driving trip Chicago to San Francisco
- 15 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 16 Our first trip to Hawaii
- 17 Short Vermont Road Trip
- 18 40th birthday in (COLD) Chicago!
- 19 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 20 Advice on San Francisco itinerary please!
- 21 Charleston/Savannah help needed
- 22 Carmel for 5 nights with baby
- 23 September southwest utah
- 24 Two Mini Trips to Minneapolis
- 25 Hotels in Minneapolis for University visit
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?