My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Travel West Coast
- 3 Rafting near Denali
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 6 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 7 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 8 Where to go in Maine?
- 9 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 10 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 11 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 12 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 13 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 14 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 Kennebunkport and....?
- 17 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 18 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 19 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 Jersey City Parking
- 22 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 23 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 24 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH