My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 2 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 3 November redwoods trip
- 4 San Fran
- 5 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 6 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 7 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 8 Seattle?
- 9 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 10 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 11 SF and northern California - October
- 12 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 13 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 14 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 15 Alabama trip in Dec
- 16 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 17 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 18 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 19 Yellowstone
- 20 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 21 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 22 costco Big island
- 23 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 24 Which island for R&R?
- 25 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?