My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 2 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 3 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 4 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 5 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 8 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 9 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 10 Retiring in Florida
- 11 Help with first time
- 12 NJ to Florida drive
- 13 Hawaii - where?
- 14 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 15 Rapid City Accommodation - 1st timer - looking for up to date suggestions
- 16 Best route from Battle Creek, MI to Bar Harbor, ME
- 17 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 18 San Diego to San Fransisco
- 19 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 20 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 21 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 22 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 23 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 24 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
- 25 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?