My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 2 louisiana bayou
- 3 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 4 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 5 Country bumpkins road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 6 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 7 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 8 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 9 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 10 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 11 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 12 New Orleans logistics
- 13 Southern U.S. BBQ Trip May 2015
- 14 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 15 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 16 North Oregon Coast touring
- 17 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 18 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 19 Help Please: From JFK to 5th Avenue?
- 20 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 21 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 22 My Vegas TR
- 23 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 24 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 25 Marthas Vineyard Ferry Questions
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?