My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 2 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 3 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 4 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 5 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 6 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 7 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 8 Atlanta With Toddler
- 9 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 10 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 11 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 12 NYC For The Day
- 13 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 14 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 15 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 16 9-10 day trip to WA
- 17 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 18 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 19 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 20 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 21 Turo?
- 22 USA family tour
- 23 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 24 Kauai planning help
- 25 San Diego/La Jolla?
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?