My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 2 Lice Happens
- 3 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 4 Arches Devils Garden
- 5 universal studios and disney
- 6 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 7 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 8 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 9 Big Sure in June
- 10 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 11 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 12 Savannah hotel
- 13 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 14 Utah National Parks visit
- 15 marriot cypress harbour
- 16 Hotel in Reno
- 17 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 18 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 19 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 20 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 21 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 22 Retiring to Tucson
- 23 Trinity Site, NM
- 24 Santa Fe Itineray
- 25 Moab Weekend with Kids
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?