My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which city/area in Alaska to choose?
- 2 Mountain Honeymoon
- 3 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro
- 4 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 5 Family Roadtrip from Atlanta in December
- 6 SPIRIT airlines FLL to DFW
- 7 I-15 Drive LV to St George
- 8 Trip report--Birmingham, Alabama
- 9 Deep South Road Trip Nov 2016
- 10 Montross/Ouray in the rain. Also foliage
- 11 Asheville Hotel Indigo
- 12 Maui 7 day trip itinerary (with toddler)
- 13 Short weekend in Seattle
- 14 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 15 Sheraton Hotel at Bradley Airport. Conn
- 16 New England itinerary help
- 17 Kid Friendly Acivities
- 18 Immigrating to Colorado
- 19 Seattle Kitsay Airporter
- 20 Finding Steve Perry
- 21 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 22 Monday Morning Traffic to Laguardia from NW CT
- 23 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 24 Driving from Orlando, Fl to Austin, TX
- 25 Cross-Country trip advice
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?