My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metro Card Options
- 2 Oahu
- 3 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 4 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 5 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 6 getting around DC
- 7 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 8 Transportation suggestions from JFK to Teaneck/Tenafly, NJ
- 9 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 10 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 11 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 12 San Francisco - mid October
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 15 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 16 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 17 Newport Restaurants
- 18 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 19 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 20 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 21 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 22 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 23 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 24 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 25 West Coast to Indianapolis