My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 2 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 3 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 4 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 5 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 6 Advice on tipping
- 7 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 8 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 9 Hilton Head restaurants
- 10 September Road Trip in New England
- 11 Road trip October
- 12 Amish
- 13 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 14 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 15 United Nations tours
- 16 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 17 national/state park in November
- 18 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 19 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 Cayo Costa State Park
- 22 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 23 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 24 Cross Country NH to WA
- 25 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?