My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 10 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 11 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 12 San Diego parks and attractions
- 13 Alaska
- 14 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 15 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 16 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 17 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 18 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 19 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 20 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 21 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 22 Universal studios/Orlando
- 23 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 24 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 25 AUSTIN HOTEL