My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 2 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 3 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 4 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 5 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 6 Orlando for Work
- 7 camaro hire in waikiki
- 8 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 9 How to dress in Vegas
- 10 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 11 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 12 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 13 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 14 charlotte
- 15 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 16 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 17 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 18 Sonoma or napa?
- 19 USA trip
- 20 Black Hills Trip Report
- 21 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 22 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 23 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 24 Cape Cod in October
- 25 Air Connections on Maui