My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lunch on the Turquoise Trail
- 2 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 3 Utah 2
- 4 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 5 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 6 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 7 9 Day Itinerary in NOLA
- 8 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 9 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 10 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 11 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 12 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 13 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 14 Where to stay in Boston and how to get to Stowe
- 15 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 16 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 17 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 18 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 19 Sea world San Diego
- 20 Seattle in April
- 21 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 22 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 23 Maui - Haleakala
- 24 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 25 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!