My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 2 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 3 San Diego farmer's markets
- 4 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 5 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 6 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 7 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 8 Connecticut River Byway
- 9 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 10 Boston/Salem with kids
- 11 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 12 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 15 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 16 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 17 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 20 drive from SF to crater lake
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 24 Hotel near Miami airport
- 25 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?