My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 4 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 8 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 9 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 10 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 11 Dining in D.C.
- 12 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 13 Jersey City Parking
- 14 Washington DC Metro
- 15 Kennebunkport and....?
- 16 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 17 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 18 Where to go in Maine?
- 19 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 20 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 21 Wedding in Hawaii
- 22 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 23 rain in Kauai
- 24 Alaska cruise and land
- 25 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?