My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 2 Connecticut River Byway
- 3 Seafood
- 4 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 5 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 6 Boston
- 7 Road Trip SW
- 8 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 9 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 10 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 11 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 12 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 13 moving to florida
- 14 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 15 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 16 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 17 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 20 Boston/Salem with kids
- 21 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 22 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 23 San Diego farmer's markets
- 24 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 25 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?