I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Traveling solo to S. Utah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to Get Gift Through Subscripton Box?
- 2 SEATTLE / BALLARD – mini TR about a great wedding visit
- 3 Seattle - newby questions
- 4 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 5 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 6 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 7 suggestions for restaurants/ breweries/wineries- Northern coast
- 8 Restaurants Chicago June
- 9 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 10 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 11 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 12 tip for valet parking
- 13 New Orleans
- 14 California: Getty museum
- 15 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 16 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 17 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 18 NYC hotel/July
- 19 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 20 Fun Home now on Broadway
- 21 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?
- 22 Grand Circle Road Trip with Older Parents
- 23 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 24 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 25 Girlfriends getaway in San Francisco