I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Traveling solo to S. Utah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 2 Where to Stay in Boston Without Taking Out a Mortgage ...
- 3 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 4 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 5 Road Trip
- 6 Whale watching
- 7 New York Yankee Station
- 8 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 9 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 10 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 11 California coast: April
- 12 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 13 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 14 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 15 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 16 September trip to Michigan
- 17 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 18 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 19 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 20 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 21 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 22 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 23 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 24 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 25 Roads into Estes Park