I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.topadvancingincome.com/moviestarplanet-hacks/
- 2 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 3 Maine in late October
- 4 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 5 Mendocino Hiking
- 6 Running kissimmee Florida
- 7 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 8 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 9 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 10 LOWER Antelope Canyon
- 11 Monterey whale watching
- 12 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 13 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 14 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 15 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 16 Coast Starlight Amtrak
- 17 Mackinac or Holland?
- 18 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 19 Memphis to Dallas
- 20 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 21 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 22 The New Whitney
- 23 1.5 days in Chicago
- 24 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 25 Highway 1 motels