I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maryland vs Wisconsin
- 2 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 3 Hawaii and...where?
- 4 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 5 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 6 Another Great DC Trip
- 7 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 8 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 9 Black History Museum
- 10 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 11 Chicago 2017
- 12 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 13 How much time in Badlands?
- 14 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 15 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 16 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 17 DC Restaurants
- 18 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 19 Short Oregon Trip
- 20 usa roadtrip
- 21 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 22 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 23 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 24 Christmas in Colorado
- 25 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde