I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 2 Bryce and Zion planning
- 3 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 4 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 5 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 6 Austin, Hotel
- 7 Maui - luau question
- 8 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)
- 9 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 10 June trip to Colorado HELP
- 11 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 12 Colorado Itinerary
- 13 Rocky Mountain High...king
- 14 SW Colorado Itinerary
- 15 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 16 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 17 US Trip
- 18 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 19 Philly Itinerary Help
- 20 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 21 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 22 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 23 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 24 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 25 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line