I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 2 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 3 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 4 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 5 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 6 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 7 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 8 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 9 Badlands - Mt. Rushmore -- central place to stay for a few days?
- 10 Arches or Zion?
- 11 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 12 Dallas airport to bush library
- 13 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 14 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 15 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 16 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 17 wyoming, south dakota trip
- 18 Providence RI Waterfire
- 19 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 20 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 21 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 22 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 23 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 24 Orlando Baggage Storage
- 25 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty