I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Traveling solo to S. Utah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 3 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 4 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 7 trains in Europe
- 8 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 9 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 10 USA trip
- 11 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 12 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 13 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 14 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 15 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 16 Washington DC in Spring?
- 17 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 18 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 19 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 20 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 21 NBA tickets??
- 22 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 23 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 24 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 25 Alaskan coast travel options