I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Traveling solo to S. Utah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 2 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 3 Las Vegas Clubs - Need all the 411...
- 4 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 5 New locksmith, Locksmith New
- 6 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 7 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 8 Colorado aspen updates
- 9 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 10 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 11 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 12 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 13 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 14 Long Island Advice
- 15 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 16 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 17 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 18 Boston suggestions
- 19 California
- 20 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 21 Tucson area flooding
- 22 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 23 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 24 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 25 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!