I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Clean One bedroom for $50-$70 a week
- 2 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 3 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 4 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 5 Study in America
- 6 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 7 Florida Family vacation in California
- 8 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 9 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?
- 10 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 11 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 12 Philadelphia to Boston
- 13 Lake Winnipesauke, NH
- 14 Six Flags and Lake George, NY
- 15 Mokulele Airlines Hawaii
- 16 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 17 Where to stay in Hill Country in Texas
- 18 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 19 Yosemite Visit
- 20 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 21 New York City Christmas 2015
- 22 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 23 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 24 New York overnight - dinner & after choices
- 25 Advice on tipping