I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Traveling solo to S. Utah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need some shade in Key West
- 2 Will have five days in Savannah
- 3 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 4 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 5 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 6 New England in the fall
- 7 Our perfect day in Key West
- 8 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 9 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 10 Mesa Verde
- 11 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 12 Long Beach Aquarium Trip
- 13 Itinerary opinions
- 14 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 15 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 16 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 17 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 18 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 19 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 20 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 21 NYC Clubs for live music
- 22 relocating travel
- 23 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 24 Seattle Hyatts
- 25 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave