I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Traveling solo to S. Utah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 2 Florida St George's Island
- 3 Richmond highlights?
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 6 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 7 Washington DC in Spring?
- 8 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 9 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 10 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 11 Arches National Park in a day
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 15 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 16 Looking for Next Destination
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Broadway this week
- 19 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 20 Union Square area restaurant
- 21 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 22 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 23 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 24 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 25 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals