I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 2 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 3 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 4 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 5 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 6 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 7 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 8 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 9 Northwest Car Trip
- 10 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 11 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 12 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 13 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 14 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 15 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 16 Northwest Passage
- 17 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 20 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 21 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 22 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 23 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 24 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 25 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide