I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Traveling solo to S. Utah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 2 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 3 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 4 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 5 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 6 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 7 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 8 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 9 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 10 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 11 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 12 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 California road trip
- 16 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 17 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 18 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 19 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 20 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 21 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 22 Yosemite Fire
- 23 Lodging - Yosemite
- 24 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 25 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr