I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Traveling solo to S. Utah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 2 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 3 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 4 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 5 Best places to move to Florida?
- 6 West Coast Bound End of March
- 7 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 8 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 9 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 10 Oahu ideas
- 11 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 12 Key Largo, FL
- 13 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 14 Death Valley in June
- 15 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 16 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 17 San Diego grocery stores
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 22 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 23 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 24 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 25 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit