I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Traveling solo to S. Utah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 2 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 3 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 4 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 5 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 6 Montana- what are must see places?
- 7 Utah 2
- 8 Orlando parks advice
- 9 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 10 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 11 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 12 9 Day Itinerary in NOLA
- 13 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 14 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 15 California San Diego area lodging
- 16 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 17 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 18 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 19 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 22 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 23 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 24 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 25 Jersey Shore to NYC?