I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 North Carolina Coast
- 2 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 3 myrtle beach
- 4 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 5 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 6 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 7 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 8 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 9 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 10 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 11 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 12 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 13 NYC with wheelchair
- 14 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 15 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 16 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 17 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 18 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 19 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 20 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 21 New Orleans logistics
- 22 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 23 Hilton Head
- 24 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 25 Texas exploring for 18 days