I would love to get input regarding solo travel to Bryce, Zion, GC (and perhaps other areas as well). It'll be my first time in Utah and want to see as much as I can on a somewhat limited budget.
I'm going primarily to hike although I'm not crazy about doing it totally alone (side excursions, definitely, but not entirely). I'm planning on renting a car and don't mind traveling. I'm planning on a week but also want to make room for "down time" as well. I have a few questions and would really appreciate other's experience in this area.
1. Price of entrance fees to parks (and do I have to pay if I return the next day - (multiple day passes?)
2. If I go it alone on the trails, are there usually others around (planning on a late June trip) but hopefully not too many. I'd be perfectly fine going with the "non-populated" routes.
3. Which would be the best airports to fly into to save a bit of money. I don't mind driving to get to where I want to go.
4. Deals and packages to see a whole lot while not "breaking the bank" (if possible).
Any and all responses would be SO appreciated. Thanks so much, all!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ALASKA - 10 + DAYS
- 2 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 3 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 4 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 5 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 6 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 7 Austin with Kids
- 8 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 9 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 10 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 11 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 12 Neighborhood Visiting Atlanta w/o a Car
- 13 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 14 portland and area
- 15 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 16 St. Louis Metro from Airport to Amtrak Station
- 17 Something new/ different between Jackson WY and Billings, MT
- 18 Suggestions on transport from Las Vegas to San Francisco
- 19 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 20 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 21 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 22 drive from sfo to glen ellen
- 23 Carmel for 5 nights with baby
- 24 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 25 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving