Hi fellow fodorians!
We are an adult family of four and we will be traveliing from the UK to San Francisco-Las Vegas-New York-Washington in May. I understand the basics on tipping. 1-2 dollars per bag for hotel porters and 15-20% for taxis and eating out (please correct me if i'm wrong). What really confuses me is that we have pre-paid various activities (Grand Canyon Trip, Super Car driving, Segway Tours, helicopter trip etc). Can you kindly advise me the amount we should tip on these events? The cost ranges from 40 dollars to 230 dollars per person and 20% per person would be such a lot of money. Also, rather than give one tip for the group of four, should we tip individually? I have read on the web that we should always tip on every event but I am finding it rather confusing. You advice would be very welcome. Many thanks in advance, Mark.
Tipping - help please?
Hi fellow fodorians!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 3 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 4 Brooklyn why?
- 5 New York City Restaurants
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WISCONSIN
- 9 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 16 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 Dining in D.C.
- 19 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 20 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 21 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 22 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 23 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 24 Colorado in the summer!
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH