Hi fellow fodorians!
We are an adult family of four and we will be traveliing from the UK to San Francisco-Las Vegas-New York-Washington in May. I understand the basics on tipping. 1-2 dollars per bag for hotel porters and 15-20% for taxis and eating out (please correct me if i'm wrong). What really confuses me is that we have pre-paid various activities (Grand Canyon Trip, Super Car driving, Segway Tours, helicopter trip etc). Can you kindly advise me the amount we should tip on these events? The cost ranges from 40 dollars to 230 dollars per person and 20% per person would be such a lot of money. Also, rather than give one tip for the group of four, should we tip individually? I have read on the web that we should always tip on every event but I am finding it rather confusing. You advice would be very welcome. Many thanks in advance, Mark.
Tipping - help please?
Hi fellow fodorians!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 2 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 3 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 4 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 5 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 Please help me with my Minnesota itinerary
- 8 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 9 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 10 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 11 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 12 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 13 Best accomodation in LA on a budget
- 14 Corvettes at Carlisle - Aussie travellers
- 15 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 16 Montreal - 3 Day Trip
- 17 NYC
- 18 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 19 Toronto to Coastal Maine 1 Week Road Trip
- 20 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 21 Seattle: Something Different?
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 Back from Miami Beach
- 24 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 25 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!