Hi fellow fodorians!
We are an adult family of four and we will be traveliing from the UK to San Francisco-Las Vegas-New York-Washington in May. I understand the basics on tipping. 1-2 dollars per bag for hotel porters and 15-20% for taxis and eating out (please correct me if i'm wrong). What really confuses me is that we have pre-paid various activities (Grand Canyon Trip, Super Car driving, Segway Tours, helicopter trip etc). Can you kindly advise me the amount we should tip on these events? The cost ranges from 40 dollars to 230 dollars per person and 20% per person would be such a lot of money. Also, rather than give one tip for the group of four, should we tip individually? I have read on the web that we should always tip on every event but I am finding it rather confusing. You advice would be very welcome. Many thanks in advance, Mark.
Tipping - help please?
Hi fellow fodorians!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 2 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 3 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 4 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 5 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 6 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 7 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 8 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 9 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 10 The Sagamore - Winter Activities
- 11 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 13 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 14 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 15 Dinner in Miami
- 16 Orlando to Savannah
- 17 Tipping advice
- 18 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 19 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 20 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 21 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 22 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 23 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed