In a few weeks we are leaving the Dallas area with out teardrop camper for a Colorado. We are leaving Friday after work and getting as far as we can, hopefully Wichita Falls, TX, before stopping to sleep. On Saturday, we will arive to Cannon City, Co and will stay two nights. We have reservations for the Royal Gorge train ride, and have plans to go to the drive-in theater in Peublo. From there we will drive to Carbondale and stay there three nights. We will raft, hike, shop, and see a few "ghost towns". We will drive back to Cannon City and stay another night before heading back to Texas. We will stay another night at Palo Duro Canyon before heading home. Is there any place in Colorado "on the way" that we should make plans to stop? Help please!!!!
Texas to Colorado Road Trip.....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 2 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 3 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 4 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 5 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 6 Minneapolis Parking
- 7 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 8 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 9 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 10 Romantic destination in the US
- 11 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 12 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 13 Things to do in La Jolla
- 14 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 15 family road trip
- 16 Alaska Trip Planning
- 17 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 18 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 19 Kid School Admission
- 20 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 21 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 22 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 23 New York City-New Things?
- 24 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 25 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA