In a few weeks we are leaving the Dallas area with out teardrop camper for a Colorado. We are leaving Friday after work and getting as far as we can, hopefully Wichita Falls, TX, before stopping to sleep. On Saturday, we will arive to Cannon City, Co and will stay two nights. We have reservations for the Royal Gorge train ride, and have plans to go to the drive-in theater in Peublo. From there we will drive to Carbondale and stay there three nights. We will raft, hike, shop, and see a few "ghost towns". We will drive back to Cannon City and stay another night before heading back to Texas. We will stay another night at Palo Duro Canyon before heading home. Is there any place in Colorado "on the way" that we should make plans to stop? Help please!!!!
Texas to Colorado Road Trip.....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Alaska
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 8 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 9 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 12 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 13 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 14 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 15 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 16 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Visiting Denver
- 19 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 20 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 21 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 22 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 23 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 24 A day in Dallas
- 25 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!