I'm based in the UK and new to the Forum and am thinking about a trip to Texas with my husband - probably the last 2 weeks in October and the 1st week in November (3 weeks in all), this year. Any thoughts about whether this is a good time to go would be wlecome. We are hoping that the weather will be good for getting about.
My very rough thoughts are:- 4 nights in Galveston (from which we could visit Houston as well), Corpus Christi (3 nights), San Antonio/Austin (4 nights), El Paso (2 nights with possibly an overnighter on the way to El Paso due to distance), Albuquerque (3 nights), Amarillo (3 nights) and Dallas (3 nights).
We have been to the US many times before, and always enjoyed our trips, but never to Texas. Any thoughts on the rough ides that I outlined would be welcome, and any places that are worth visiting but that the guidebooks might leave out!
One thing we have never done is a drive in movie - any near where we are going?
Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 2 Hawaii Help
- 3 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 4 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 5 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 6 Yellowstone in early May
- 7 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 8 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 9 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 10 Wine Country
- 11 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 12 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 13 Renting a car with DWAI
- 14 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 15 San Francisco first visit.
- 16 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 17 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 18 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 19 Park City- handicapped
- 20 PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
- 21 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 22 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 23 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 24 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see
- 25 3 Days Itinerary Recommendation for Maui