I'm based in the UK and new to the Forum and am thinking about a trip to Texas with my husband - probably the last 2 weeks in October and the 1st week in November (3 weeks in all), this year. Any thoughts about whether this is a good time to go would be wlecome. We are hoping that the weather will be good for getting about.
My very rough thoughts are:- 4 nights in Galveston (from which we could visit Houston as well), Corpus Christi (3 nights), San Antonio/Austin (4 nights), El Paso (2 nights with possibly an overnighter on the way to El Paso due to distance), Albuquerque (3 nights), Amarillo (3 nights) and Dallas (3 nights).
We have been to the US many times before, and always enjoyed our trips, but never to Texas. Any thoughts on the rough ides that I outlined would be welcome, and any places that are worth visiting but that the guidebooks might leave out!
One thing we have never done is a drive in movie - any near where we are going?
Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 2 Places to stay in TX...?
- 3 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 4 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 5 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 6 Trip Report - Chicago - Thunstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms
- 7 50th in Hawaii
- 8 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 9 Condo rental for snowbirds
- 10 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 11 Ironman Housing in Kailua Kona
- 12 advice for Short trip from Dallas to?
- 13 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 14 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 15 11 days SE coast road trip
- 16 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 17 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 18 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 19 Driving from Baltimore to Savannah Ga
- 20 Berkshires with a toddler
- 21 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 22 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 23 hilicopter tour oahu
- 24 driving from LA to Portland
- 25 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3