I'm based in the UK and new to the Forum and am thinking about a trip to Texas with my husband - probably the last 2 weeks in October and the 1st week in November (3 weeks in all), this year. Any thoughts about whether this is a good time to go would be wlecome. We are hoping that the weather will be good for getting about.
My very rough thoughts are:- 4 nights in Galveston (from which we could visit Houston as well), Corpus Christi (3 nights), San Antonio/Austin (4 nights), El Paso (2 nights with possibly an overnighter on the way to El Paso due to distance), Albuquerque (3 nights), Amarillo (3 nights) and Dallas (3 nights).
We have been to the US many times before, and always enjoyed our trips, but never to Texas. Any thoughts on the rough ides that I outlined would be welcome, and any places that are worth visiting but that the guidebooks might leave out!
One thing we have never done is a drive in movie - any near where we are going?
Thanks for any input!
Texas in October/November??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Door County Suggestions
- 2 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 3 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 4 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 5 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 6 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 7 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 Visiting Denver
- 10 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 13 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 14 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 15 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 16 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 17 San Diego parks and attractions
- 18 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 19 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 20 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 21 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 22 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 23 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Chigo O'Hare layover