I'm based in the UK and new to the Forum and am thinking about a trip to Texas with my husband - probably the last 2 weeks in October and the 1st week in November (3 weeks in all), this year. Any thoughts about whether this is a good time to go would be wlecome. We are hoping that the weather will be good for getting about.
My very rough thoughts are:- 4 nights in Galveston (from which we could visit Houston as well), Corpus Christi (3 nights), San Antonio/Austin (4 nights), El Paso (2 nights with possibly an overnighter on the way to El Paso due to distance), Albuquerque (3 nights), Amarillo (3 nights) and Dallas (3 nights).
We have been to the US many times before, and always enjoyed our trips, but never to Texas. Any thoughts on the rough ides that I outlined would be welcome, and any places that are worth visiting but that the guidebooks might leave out!
One thing we have never done is a drive in movie - any near where we are going?
Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 2 4 days road trip southern New England
- 3 Sedona: Enchantment Resort or Otherwise?
- 4 Vegas - Zion - Sedona ?
- 5 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 6 Philly Itinerary Help
- 7 Which one to pick----Phillips 26 Glacier or Prince William Sound cruise?
- 8 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 9 Need cool place to stay in Sedona without breaking the bank
- 10 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 11 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 12 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 13 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 14 California in July - need itinerary help please
- 15 Bryce and Zion planning
- 16 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 17 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 18 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 19 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 20 Boston with baby
- 21 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 22 Where to go: Dallas-Austin-Houston-San Antonio
- 23 Sacramento Hotel
- 24 USA family tour
- 25 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland