I'm based in the UK and new to the Forum and am thinking about a trip to Texas with my husband - probably the last 2 weeks in October and the 1st week in November (3 weeks in all), this year. Any thoughts about whether this is a good time to go would be wlecome. We are hoping that the weather will be good for getting about.
My very rough thoughts are:- 4 nights in Galveston (from which we could visit Houston as well), Corpus Christi (3 nights), San Antonio/Austin (4 nights), El Paso (2 nights with possibly an overnighter on the way to El Paso due to distance), Albuquerque (3 nights), Amarillo (3 nights) and Dallas (3 nights).
We have been to the US many times before, and always enjoyed our trips, but never to Texas. Any thoughts on the rough ides that I outlined would be welcome, and any places that are worth visiting but that the guidebooks might leave out!
One thing we have never done is a drive in movie - any near where we are going?
Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time to NOLA Sept 12-18
- 2 Road Trip Ideas
- 3 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 4 Florida's Finest
- 5 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 6 My Topic Title Child-friendly hotel, Long Island NY
- 7 First Trip To Lake Tahoe
- 8 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 9 Best way to see Oahu
- 10 2 Week West Coast Travel with Family
- 11 Kauai Condo
- 12 Hawaii trip report
- 13 Need Rochester, NY, advice please
- 14 Kantishna vs Wonder Lake stop on shuttle bus
- 15 Itinerary/ timing Sedona-GC- esp Page
- 16 Nantucket/Hyannis ferry & ground transportation
- 17 Bourbon Trail in Lexington
- 18 San Diego restaurant
- 19 Another high-end discount store opens in downtown SFMy Topic Title
- 20 Food Tours
- 21 Napa Valley Bachelorette Party!
- 22 Parking and trolley for Rubicon Trail hike by Lake Tahoe
- 23 Help! I goofed up my Grand Canyon trip planning!
- 24 15 days driving through California
- 25 Chain of Lakes-Which to Focus on?