I'm based in the UK and new to the Forum and am thinking about a trip to Texas with my husband - probably the last 2 weeks in October and the 1st week in November (3 weeks in all), this year. Any thoughts about whether this is a good time to go would be wlecome. We are hoping that the weather will be good for getting about.
My very rough thoughts are:- 4 nights in Galveston (from which we could visit Houston as well), Corpus Christi (3 nights), San Antonio/Austin (4 nights), El Paso (2 nights with possibly an overnighter on the way to El Paso due to distance), Albuquerque (3 nights), Amarillo (3 nights) and Dallas (3 nights).
We have been to the US many times before, and always enjoyed our trips, but never to Texas. Any thoughts on the rough ides that I outlined would be welcome, and any places that are worth visiting but that the guidebooks might leave out!
One thing we have never done is a drive in movie - any near where we are going?
Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kids Vacation Place
- 2 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 3 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 4 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 5 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 6 Day in Spokane
- 7 Napa valley getaway
- 8 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 9 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 10 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 11 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 12 Desert Southwest
- 13 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 14 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 15 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 16 Boston waterfront Italian
- 17 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 18 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 19 Zion and Bryce in July
- 20 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 21 First time, Best business class?
- 22 What to pack
- 23 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 24 summer vacation
- 25 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis