I'm based in the UK and new to the Forum and am thinking about a trip to Texas with my husband - probably the last 2 weeks in October and the 1st week in November (3 weeks in all), this year. Any thoughts about whether this is a good time to go would be wlecome. We are hoping that the weather will be good for getting about.
My very rough thoughts are:- 4 nights in Galveston (from which we could visit Houston as well), Corpus Christi (3 nights), San Antonio/Austin (4 nights), El Paso (2 nights with possibly an overnighter on the way to El Paso due to distance), Albuquerque (3 nights), Amarillo (3 nights) and Dallas (3 nights).
We have been to the US many times before, and always enjoyed our trips, but never to Texas. Any thoughts on the rough ides that I outlined would be welcome, and any places that are worth visiting but that the guidebooks might leave out!
One thing we have never done is a drive in movie - any near where we are going?
Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 2 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 3 help me plan a Cali trip
- 4 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 5 New England Tour
- 6 Colorado Shows Off
- 7 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 8 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 9 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 10 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 11 Wilmington DE questions
- 12 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 13 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 14 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 15 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 16 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 17 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 18 Muir Woods in October
- 19 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 20 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 21 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 22 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 23 Mesa Verde question
- 24 Planning our Move
- 25 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?