I'm based in the UK and new to the Forum and am thinking about a trip to Texas with my husband - probably the last 2 weeks in October and the 1st week in November (3 weeks in all), this year. Any thoughts about whether this is a good time to go would be wlecome. We are hoping that the weather will be good for getting about.
My very rough thoughts are:- 4 nights in Galveston (from which we could visit Houston as well), Corpus Christi (3 nights), San Antonio/Austin (4 nights), El Paso (2 nights with possibly an overnighter on the way to El Paso due to distance), Albuquerque (3 nights), Amarillo (3 nights) and Dallas (3 nights).
We have been to the US many times before, and always enjoyed our trips, but never to Texas. Any thoughts on the rough ides that I outlined would be welcome, and any places that are worth visiting but that the guidebooks might leave out!
One thing we have never done is a drive in movie - any near where we are going?
Thanks for any input!
Texas in October/November??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City and New England
- 2 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 3 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 4 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 7 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 8 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 13 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 16 Best Destination in USA
- 17 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 18 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 19 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 20 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 x mas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 25 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice