I'm based in the UK and new to the Forum and am thinking about a trip to Texas with my husband - probably the last 2 weeks in October and the 1st week in November (3 weeks in all), this year. Any thoughts about whether this is a good time to go would be wlecome. We are hoping that the weather will be good for getting about.
My very rough thoughts are:- 4 nights in Galveston (from which we could visit Houston as well), Corpus Christi (3 nights), San Antonio/Austin (4 nights), El Paso (2 nights with possibly an overnighter on the way to El Paso due to distance), Albuquerque (3 nights), Amarillo (3 nights) and Dallas (3 nights).
We have been to the US many times before, and always enjoyed our trips, but never to Texas. Any thoughts on the rough ides that I outlined would be welcome, and any places that are worth visiting but that the guidebooks might leave out!
One thing we have never done is a drive in movie - any near where we are going?
Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 2 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 3 Uber availability on Long Island
- 4 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 5 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 6 Escrunchy's can you pls recommend a guide for Charleston
- 7 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 8 yk's Family Trip to the Berkshires, 2016
- 9 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 10 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 11 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 12 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 13 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 14 Hawaii with older parents
- 15 Fort Myers Area
- 16 Opinions: key west accommodation
- 17 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 18 California/Yosemite
- 19 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 20 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 21 Road trip from MS to Bandera, TX
- 22 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 23 Fall in Ozarks
- 24 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 25 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017