We will be going to New York City for the 4th time, 2nd in the Summer. We will be staying at the Jumeirah Essex House for 5 nights from the 29th of June to the 4th of July. We've basically done everything that a normal New York tourist would do, and we need to dig deeper. We've seen the Statue of Liberty, The Financial District/ Wall st, stayed in Battery Park, seen Soho and Tribeca, Times Square, saw The Lion King, Wicked, and The Addams Family, went to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), stayed in midtown at 57th st, stayed in the Upper East SIde, stayed in the Upper West side, went to the Natural History Museum, walked through Central Park, and ate at a 3 star Michelin Restaurant (Daniel). Could you give my any ideas on what else to do? We were thinking the Metropolitan Museum of Art and rowing a boat on the lake? We love to shop and realize that we will shop all day, for one or two days and a little bit on the rest of them. Also, could you recommend a great place to have afternoon tea?
Summer New York Vacation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 Washington DC in Spring?
- 4 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 5 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 6 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 7 Weekend in NYC
- 8 Broadway this week
- 9 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 10 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 11 4 week family trip ideas
- 12 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 13 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 14 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 15 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 16 New York, New York...
- 17 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 18 trains in Europe
- 19 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 20 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 21 USA trip
- 22 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 23 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 24 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 25 Cedar Point / Put In Bay