We are going over our travel itinerary that we are planning for the end of June 2013. We need to get this figure out so we can start booking some of the hotels.We would love for any advice or info that anyone could provide for us to make this the best vacation in the time we have allotted. We have approx. 2 weeks to see everything we want to see. We know its alot of ground to cover in a short time, but we arent unable to do alot of hiking . Mostly scenic drives and auto tours through the parks with the exception of small hikes/walks on trails to viewpoints.
This is what we have so far
Day 1 - Fly into Denver - rent a car and drive to Estes Park - Stay over night @ The Stanley Hotel - Ghost tour that evening
Day 2 - Leave early -Drive through Rocky Mounaion National Park - and continue onto Glenwood Springs. -
Day 3 - Leave Glenwood Springs - Drive to Colorado National Monumnet - Continue on through Cisco and with a stop at Fisher Towers- Spend evening in Arches for Sunset..Stay in Moab (Big Horn Lodge)
Day 4 - Tour Canyonlands and Deadhorse State Park - Wondering if a drive through La Sal Mountain Loop in late afternoon is worth it? - Stay in Moab
Day 5 - Drive to Goblin Valley and Continue on to Capital Reef National Park. Stay in Torrey ( Any suggestions on a good place to stay )
Day 6 Drive to Bryce Canyon -Tour Bryce Canyon and Stay at Rubys Inn. (is the stop at Kodachrome Basin worth it?)
Day 7 -Leave Bryce Canyon early in the morning - Drive to Zion - Spend all the rest of the day at Zion National Park. Stay in Springdale
Day 8 - Drive to Grand Canyon North Rim - Relax - possible drive to one of the look outs. Stay at the Grand Canyon Lodge
Day 9 - Drive to Page- 2 of us touring Upper antelope canyon- Relax the rest of the day.stay in Page overnight
Day 10 - Drive to Monumnet Valley - Take the Valley Tour - Stay at the View Hotel.
Day 11 -Leave Monument Valley early - Drive to Four Corners Monumnet - Stop at Mesa Verde ( This we are not sure about, because you have to be able to climb the ladder and do alot of walking and that may be out for some of us in the group ) Continue on to Alamosa,Co. - Stay over night in Alamosa
Day 12- Drive to Colorado Springs - Garden of the Gods and Cog Railway for Pikes Peak - Stay over night in Colorado Springs.
Day 13 Drive back to Denver and get evening flight home.
Any Help would be greatly appriecated ...Thank You
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Orlando, Fl to Austin, TX
- 2 Washington State Attractions in Winter
- 3 Hotel near Chase field, Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 4 Late-October Colorado: Itinerary ?s and RMNP day hikes
- 5 Mendocino County Wineries?
- 6 Finding Steve Perry
- 7 Glacier National Park
- 8 Vacation Ideas?
- 9 Where is a bus station in NJ close to NY that I can take to Manhattan?
- 10 Wild West Road Trip
- 11 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 12 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 13 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 14 Need Advice for trip to Oregon - Portland, coast and Crater Lake
- 15 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 16 Montross/Ouray in the rain. Also foliage
- 17 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 18 California Coast
- 19 Alabama trip in Dec
- 20 Hiking 'the wave'
- 21 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 22 Family Roadtrip from Atlanta in December
- 23 Cross-Country trip advice
- 24 US history sites- D.C.-NYC-Boston-Philly
- 25 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016