We are going over our travel itinerary that we are planning for the end of June 2013. We need to get this figure out so we can start booking some of the hotels.We would love for any advice or info that anyone could provide for us to make this the best vacation in the time we have allotted. We have approx. 2 weeks to see everything we want to see. We know its alot of ground to cover in a short time, but we arent unable to do alot of hiking . Mostly scenic drives and auto tours through the parks with the exception of small hikes/walks on trails to viewpoints.
This is what we have so far
Day 1 - Fly into Denver - rent a car and drive to Estes Park - Stay over night @ The Stanley Hotel - Ghost tour that evening
Day 2 - Leave early -Drive through Rocky Mounaion National Park - and continue onto Glenwood Springs. -
Day 3 - Leave Glenwood Springs - Drive to Colorado National Monumnet - Continue on through Cisco and with a stop at Fisher Towers- Spend evening in Arches for Sunset..Stay in Moab (Big Horn Lodge)
Day 4 - Tour Canyonlands and Deadhorse State Park - Wondering if a drive through La Sal Mountain Loop in late afternoon is worth it? - Stay in Moab
Day 5 - Drive to Goblin Valley and Continue on to Capital Reef National Park. Stay in Torrey ( Any suggestions on a good place to stay )
Day 6 Drive to Bryce Canyon -Tour Bryce Canyon and Stay at Rubys Inn. (is the stop at Kodachrome Basin worth it?)
Day 7 -Leave Bryce Canyon early in the morning - Drive to Zion - Spend all the rest of the day at Zion National Park. Stay in Springdale
Day 8 - Drive to Grand Canyon North Rim - Relax - possible drive to one of the look outs. Stay at the Grand Canyon Lodge
Day 9 - Drive to Page- 2 of us touring Upper antelope canyon- Relax the rest of the day.stay in Page overnight
Day 10 - Drive to Monumnet Valley - Take the Valley Tour - Stay at the View Hotel.
Day 11 -Leave Monument Valley early - Drive to Four Corners Monumnet - Stop at Mesa Verde ( This we are not sure about, because you have to be able to climb the ladder and do alot of walking and that may be out for some of us in the group ) Continue on to Alamosa,Co. - Stay over night in Alamosa
Day 12- Drive to Colorado Springs - Garden of the Gods and Cog Railway for Pikes Peak - Stay over night in Colorado Springs.
Day 13 Drive back to Denver and get evening flight home.
Any Help would be greatly appriecated ...Thank You
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 2 Uber availability on Long Island
- 3 Escrunchy's can you pls recommend a guide for Charleston
- 4 Fort Myers Area
- 5 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 6 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 7 Hawaii with older parents
- 8 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 9 yk's Family Trip to the Berkshires, 2016
- 10 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 11 Opinions: key west accommodation
- 12 Fall in Ozarks
- 13 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 14 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 15 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 16 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 17 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 18 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 19 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 20 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 21 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 22 California/Yosemite
- 23 Road trip from MS to Bandera, TX
- 24 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 25 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone